The air fryer gives you perfectly cooked chicken patties every single time, in 15 minutes or less! Lighter than pan frying, with much better results than the oven or the microwave. This method guarantees breaded chicken patties that are evenly crispy and hot, great for sandwiches or salads.
🍗 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Air fryer chicken patties are the perfect protein for busy weeks! Ready in less than 15 minutes, and cooked to golden perfection every time.
- These chicken patties are totally customizable. Grab some buns, lettuce, and a tomato to build a delicious chicken sandwich. Or, use them as an easy protein on top of your favorite salad. Drizzle them with some savory buffalo ranch dressing for a fun game day meal. Use barbecue sauce for a fun, summer sandwich. Change up the type of cheese you use – pepper jack, colby jack, or cheddar cheese would all be delicious.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- No need to worry about thawing your patties before cooking. Just grab them out of the freezer and place straight into the air fryer! Quick, easy, and SO foolproof.
- You can totally add cheese to your patties! Once they have finished cooking, open the air fryer and place slices on top of patties. Return basket to powered off air fryer for 1 minute. The residual heat will melt the cheese perfectly!
- For extra crispy chicken patties, lightly spray the tops of the chicken patties once they’re in the basket. Don’t spray too much- the patties will become soggy! Just a light spritz will do the trick.
♨️ More Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer (with Special Burger Sauce)
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Frozen Burrito in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
For the Chicken Patties
- 3 frozen breaded chicken patties
Serving Suggestions (All Optional)
- hamburger buns
- sliced tomatoes
- Air Fryer
- neutral cooking spray must be safe for air fryers
- Tongs or spatula
- Preheat air fryer to 390° Fahrenheit.
- Once air fryer is preheated, remove basket and spray lightly with neutral cooking spray.
- Place 3 frozen breaded chicken patties in air fryer basket. Lightly spray tops of chicken patties with cooking spray if desired.
- Return basket to preheated air fryer. Air fry chicken patties 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, remove basket from air fryer. Flip chicken patties over, then return basket to air fryer. Air fry chicken patties 4 minutes more, then check doneness. If needed, return chicken patties to air fryer for 1 to 2 additional minutes or until patties are warmed-through and crispy.
- Optional: Once patties are crispy, remove basket from air fryer. Top each patty with 1 slice cheese of choice, then turn air fryer off and return basket to air fryer. Let chicken patties stand in air fryer 30 to 60 seconds to allow residual heat to melt cheese.
- When chicken patties are cooked as desired, remove basket from air fryer and transfer chicken patties to serving plates. Serve as desired.
- Exact cooking times will vary from one air fryer to another. Adjust timing as needed.
- If you’re using a multi-function appliance, be sure to select the “air fryer” function.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.