Cooking frozen corn dogs in the air fryer is the easiest way to get crispy corn dog batter outside and perfectly cooked, juicy hot dogs inside. Once you try this method, you’ll never want to cook corn dogs any other way again!
What Makes This Method So Good
- The corn dogs come out perfectly hot and crispy in just 10 minutes! If you’ve ever tried microwaving corn dogs, you know the soft-batter struggle, and sometimes the hot dogs inside aren’t heated evenly. The oven takes care of the cooking issues, but you need to preheat it for 10 minutes and then wait 15-20 minutes for your corn dogs to cook. The air fryer gives you the best of both worlds – perfectly cooked corn dogs in minimal time.
- No thawing needed! Take the corn dogs out of the freezer and pop them straight into your preheated air fryer. Great for last-minute meals!
- Over-anticipate your hunger and cook too many corn dogs or corn dog nuggets for one sitting? No problem! Refrigerate them and use this same method to reheat them later! They’ll crisp right up again. Start out by reheating them for just 3 to 5 minutes, then add more time if needed.
Frozen Corn Dogs – This method works for any kind of frozen corn dogs, even mini corn dogs! You can cook as many or as few as you want, too. You might need to work in multiple batches if you’re cooking a lot, especially if your air fryer is small, so keep that in mind!
- As with any appliance, cook times will vary from one air fryer to another. Keep an eye on your food, especially the first time or two, and adjust your cook times as needed.
- You can totally eat corn dogs on their own, but I love mine with mustard. Ketchup is another tried-and-true topping, but really, when it comes to corn dog condiments, anything goes. I even like my mini corn dogs with honey mustard or a little nacho cheese!
- A light spritz of air-fryer-safe spray oil on the basket will help keep the corn dogs from sticking, but depending on your air fryer, it may not be necessary. Be sure not to use any aerosol cooking sprays in your air fryer, because they can damage the coating on your basket!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 30 Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- 4 frozen corn dogs
- spray oil optional
- mustard optional, for serving
- Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit. Place corn dogs in air fryer basket in one even layer. Cook in air fryer for 10 minutes, turning over once after 7 minutes. Remove from air fryer and serve plain or with mustard (or condiment of choice).
- Cooking mini corn dogs? Cook them at 380° Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through cook time.
- Depending on the number of corn dogs you’re cooking and the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in multiple batches. Be sure the corn dogs are always in one flat layer, not touching or overlapping.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.