Whenever I need something quick and easy that my kids are guaranteed to eat, I go straight to frozen dino nuggets cooked in the air fryer. Just as crispy as if they’d been deep fried, but way faster, way lighter, and without all the mess.
🦕What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Dino nuggets are a beloved dish in our household. Snack time, lunch time, dinner time…they’re a delicious and easy protein for any time! The air fryer crisps these dino nuggets to golden perfection, while keeping the center perfectly moist and tender. Cooking them in the oven or microwave can result in unevenly cooked nuggets, some soggy, some burnt. Not with the air fryer!
- The air fryer cooks dino nuggets to delicious perfection in no time at all. There’s no heating up the entire kitchen with the oven, or standing by the microwave. Just preheat the air fryer, arrange the dino nuggets in an even layer, flip halfway through, and they’re ready to be enjoyed!
- It’s super easy to turn dino nuggets into a full meal! They pair well with Texas roadhouse green beans, mac and cheese, broccoli, frozen french fries…just about any side you may have on hand!
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- If you’re feeding a larger group, work in batches as needed for crispy perfection. Placing the nuggets in an even layer ensures even and crisp cooking.
- Dino nuggets pair well with just about any dipping sauce! Ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, Chick-Fil-A sauce, barbecue, even teriyaki. The dipping possibilities are endless!
🍽️ More Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer with Smoky Mustard Sauce
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties (from Frozen!)
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Frozen Pretzels in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 8 frozen dino nuggets any brand
- Air Fryer
- neutral spray oil safe for air fryers, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Once air fryer is preheated, remove basket and lightly spray basket with neutral spray oil.
- Place 8 frozen dino nuggets in air fryer basket, arranging nuggets in flat, even layer, not overlapping or touching. Work in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding basket.
- If desired, lightly spray tops of nuggets with neutral spray oil. Return basket to air fryer and air fry dino nuggets 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove basket from air fryer. Flip dino nuggets over, then return basket to air fryer and air fry nuggets 3 more minutes. After 3 minutes, check doneness. Continue air frying nuggets, checking every minute, until desired doneness is achieved.
- When satisfied with doneness, remove basket from air fryer. Transfer dino nuggets to plate or bowl. Repeat process with any remaining nuggets, then serve dino nuggets warm with dipping sauce of choice.
- You can use this method to cook any number of dino nuggets. Just leave enough room in the basket for the air to circulate completely.
- Nutrition information will depend on the brand and number of dino nuggets you cook. The nutrition info shown here reflects 1 serving (4 pieces) of Yummy Dino Buddies brand Dinosaur Shaped Chicken Breast Nuggets. You can use any brand you like.
- Reheating Leftovers: Place dino nuggets in air fryer basket. Cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 2 to 3 minutes until warmed through.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.