These air fryer mushrooms are savory, perfectly seasoned, and absolutely delicious! Perfect as a side dish or a vegan main course on top of rice, they will become one of your favorite things to cook in the air fryer. They’re also keto, low carb, and gluten-free!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This recipe is SO, so easy! A quick toss in a simple marinade then it’s into the air fryer for just 10-12 minutes. Plus, hanks to the air fryer, the mushrooms are perfectly cooked, your kitchen won’t heat up (like it would with the oven), and clean up is a breeze.
- These air fryer mushrooms fit a variety of dietary needs! They’re naturally vegan, yes, but they’re also low carb, keto, and gluten free. Talk about a crowd pleaser!
- You can absolutely double or triple this recipe to feed a larger crowd! You can cook a large batch at a time, but shake the air fryer basket more than once while cooking to let all the mushrooms to cook evenly.
Mushrooms – You can use any type of mushroom you like! We used white button mushrooms, but you could use crimini, porcini, or baby bella. You could even use larger mushrooms, like portobello, and just quarter them or cut them into cubes! Just make sure to use fresh mushrooms.
Soy Sauce (or Worcestershire) – If you’re vegan or vegetarian, be sure to use soy sauce, since Worcestershire contains anchovies. If you’re not vegan or vegetarian, you can use whichever you prefer!
Lemon – Optional, but adds a really nice burst of citrus flavor.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Work in batches if you need to! Overcrowding will keep the mushrooms from cooking evenly because the air won’t be able to circulate like it needs to.
- Don’t wash or soak your mushrooms! To prep them, cut a thin slice off the bottom of the stem. Use a damp paper towel to wipe off the dirt of each mushroom. You can also rinse the mushrooms and pat them very dry. If you soak them, they will absorb the water and become too moist!
- When you cut the mushrooms, cut them all into equal sizes and thicknesses. If they’re dramatically different, some mushrooms will be ready long before the others.
- Want an air fryer but not sure which one to get? We use the Chefman 6.3 Quart Air Fryer, but here are some other great options for air fryers in a variety of sizes.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Fries (Fast Food Style)
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Steak with Easy Herb Butter
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Medium bowl
- Air Fryer
- 8 ounces mushrooms rinsed, dried, cut into halves or quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- lemon cut into wedges, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit.
- Add cut mushrooms to bowl with oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss or stir mushrooms to coat thoroughly.
- Place mushrooms in air fryer basket. Return basket to air fryer and cook approximately 10-12 minutes, tossing after first 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from air fryer and transfer to plate or bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over mushrooms (optional) and top with fresh chopped parsley. Serve warm.
- Mushrooms: If using smaller mushrooms (like button or porcini), cut them in half. For larger mushrooms, either quarter them or cut into cubes (like with a portobello).
- Double or Triple Recipe: You can cook a large batch at a time, but shake the air fryer basket more than once while cooking to allow all the mushrooms to cook evenly. If the basket is overcrowded, cook in multiple batches.
- To Prep Mushrooms: Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the stem. Use a damp paper towel to wipe off the dirt of each mushroom. You can also rinse the mushrooms and pat them very dry. Don’t wash or soak the mushrooms. If you soak them, they’ll absorb the water and become too moist!