This easy air fryer salmon recipe produces beautifully tender fish so quickly and easily. Ready in less than 10 minutes, this recipe uses salt, pepper, oil, and fresh dill.
Since we are in the heart of summer here in the south, I figured it would be best to go with something simple and light. Does salmon scream that to you? Good. Me too. Also, what is more refreshing than dill and fresh citrus? Nothing at all. Except maybe enjoying a watermelon and relaxing breeze on the Mississippi River.
What is so great about this salmon recipe?
This salmon recipe is perfect because it is very minimal in its ingredients and cook time. Another reason why this recipe wins is because of the flavor of fresh salmon and its comrade, our easy dill sauce. Let the salmon speak for itself with light salt, pepper, and neutral oil.
- This salmon recipe is mess free. You read that correctly, it is mess free. Once the salmon has finished cooking, you look into your basket, and BAM! Clean salmon.
- This easy recipe uses basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Say goodbye to last minute grocery store runs for that one pesky ingredient you will probably never use again!
- Who loves a quick and easy recipe? I do! With the assistance of an air fryer, you will have this delicious recipe ready in less than 10 minutes.
How to make this easy salmon recipe with an air fryer
- Preheat air fryer of choice to 350 degrees (176 celsius).
- Pat dry the raw salmon.
- Take a pastry brush or oil spray and lightly coat salmon with neutral oil (we used avocado oil spray).
- Season the top of the salmon with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned and oiled salmon to the basket of the air fryer.
- Insert basket into air fryer.
- For medium rare, cook salmon for 3-4 minutes. For well done salmon, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Take salmon out of air fryer. Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with fresh dill sprigs if you would like.
- Be sure to promptly remove your salmon from the air fryer basket. If the salmon is left in the basket after the cook time is up, the salmon will continue to cook. Goodbye, medium rare!
- If you have bones in your salmon, definitely remove those first!
- For medium rare, cook for 4 minutes. For well done, cook for 6 minutes.
- Enjoy this easy recipe with our creamy dill sauce.
What do we mean by “healthy”?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options, like a commercial, deep-friend tostada, for an easy homemade version.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Creamy Dill Sauce for Salmon
- Keto Sushi Rolls with Smoked Salmon
- Easy Salmon Patties & Lemon Garlic Sauce
- She Crab Soup
- Whole30 Sushi – Spicy Salmon Roll (Low Carb, Paleo, Keto Friendly)
- Seafood Salad
- The Best Lobster Bisque
- Fish Taco Sauce
Have you made this recipe? We would love to hear your feedback! Please leave a rating and comment so we can chat.
Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer
- 2 4-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Lightly coat salmon fillets with neutral oil of choice.
- Season salmon with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Turn on air fryer to 350 degrees. Place oiled and seasoned salmon fillets into air fryer basket.
- Insert basket into air fryer. For medium rare salmon, cook for 3-4 minutes. If you would like a more well done salmon, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Once salmon is finished, immediately remove from air fryer to prevent additional cook time. Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill and serve.