Scallops are cooked to buttery, tender perfection in the air fryer! With just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on-hand, you’ll have delicious scallops in under 10 minutes.
What Makes These Scallops So Good
- We kept the seasoning simple, making them the perfect addition to virtually any meal! Serve these delicious scallops over a salad or alongside your favorite roasted veggies for a healthy, low-carb meal.
- The air fryer takes all the guesswork out of how to cook scallops! This delicate seafood can be easily either over or undercooked. Therefore, by tossing them in the air fryer for just 6 minutes – we take all the guesswork out of how long to cook this sometimes tricky dish!
- They’re perfectly tender and nearly melt in your mouth! There’s nothing quite like a simple yet perfectly cooked scallop. These scallops are buttery and insanely delicious with even the most simple seasoning.
Sea Scallops – There are two main types of scallops which are sea scallops and bay scallops. While also delicious, bay scallops are much smaller than the sea variety. We use sea scallops in this air fryer recipes because of their larger size and heartier texture. However, if you’d like to air fry bay scallops, you most certainly can. For bay scallops, set the air fryer to just 4 or 5 minutes instead of 6 minutes.
Spray Cooking Oil – Spray cooking oil is an extremely helpful ingredient when it comes to cooking in the air fryer. The spray allows seamless and easy coating of the inside of any air fryer basket or tray. Though if you don’t have spray cooking oil, you can use a drizzle of your favorite vegetable oil instead.
- Feel free to switch up the flavors of this recipe however you’d like! A sprinkling or garlic powder or even a touch of Old Bay seasoning would make delicious additions to these air fryer scallops.
- If you’re concerned about whether or not the scallops are cooked through, then simply give them a quick check with a meat thermometer. Scallops are done cooking once they’ve reached an internal temperature of 120° Fahrenheit!
- Be sure to pat each scallop totally dry in the first step of this recipe! Dry scallops will cook up with that delectable crispy golden brown outside.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Perfect Air Fryer French Toast
- Brats in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Okra
- Air Fryer Tofu
Air Fryer Scallops
- Air Fryer
- 6 large sea scallops
- spray cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- lemon wedges for serving
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Spray the inside of air fryer basket with cooking oil, place scallops inside, then spray scallops with oil.
- Cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 6 minutes, pausing to flip halfway through. Serve scallops with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.