Crispy edges, tender inside, and perfectly seasoned, these air fryer sweet potato wedges are super quick and easy to make! Such a great side dish when you’re craving a lot of flavor without the fuss.
🍠 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Air fryer sweet potato wedges are a delicious side dish! Simply yet deliciously seasoned, then crisped to perfection in the air fryer. The combination of crispy skins and tender, fluffy insides is absolutely irresistible. They pair well with just about any main course, and even the pickiest of eaters will love them!
- This is a quick and easy way to cook sweet potatoes. There’s very little prep involved- just wash the sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, and toss in the seasonings. No need to heat up the oven, just pull out the air fryer and let it work its magic! You only need to flip the wedges once for an even cook, while the air fryer does the rest of the work. There’s hardly any clean-up with this recipe, making it a perfect choice for busy weeknights or when prepping for gatherings.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- The seasonings for these air fryer sweet potato wedges are super customizable! Prefer some savory or spicy flavor? Add a pinch of paprika or red pepper flakes. Craving some sweet flavor? Add a sprinkle of brown sugar, cinnamon, or nutmeg for an irresistible side dish. Match the seasonings of the wedges to any main course you’re preparing for a full meal. The seasoning possibilities are endless with these tasty sweet potato wedges!
- This is a perfect recipe to use to cut down on oven time when cooking for holidays or large gatherings! You can totally double, or even triple this recipe to serve larger crowds. Just work in batches to make sure you’re getting perfectly cooked wedges every time.
We ❤️ Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Frozen Waffles in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer (with Special Burger Sauce)
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 3 medium sweet potatoes approximately 4-6 ounces each
- ¼ cup avocado oil or other neutral oil with high smoke point
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Air Fryer
- vegetable scrub brush
- Paper towels or clean kitchen towel
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 2 large mixing bowls
- running water
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and scrub 3 medium sweet potatoes under running water, removing as much surface dirt as possible. Dry sweet potatoes thoroughly with paper towels or clean kitchen towel.
- Place sweet potatoes on cutting board. Carefully cut each sweet potato in half horizontally, then cut each half in half vertically. Cut each quarter into wedges of desired thickness.
- Add ¼ cup avocado oil, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, and ½ teaspoon paprika to large bowl. Whisk ingredients together until well incorporated, then add sweet potato wedges to bowl. Toss or stir wedges until fully coated on all sides in oil and spices.
- Remove air fryer basket from preheated air fryer. Transfer sweet potato wedges to air fryer basket and arrange wedges in single, flat layer, not touching or overlapping. Work in batches as needed to prevent overcrowding.
- Return basket to air fryer. Air fry sweet potato wedges 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove basket from air fryer. Flip potato wedges over, then return basket to air fryer.
- Air fry wedges 4 minutes more, then check doneness. If wedges are not done enough, continue air frying, checking wedges every minute until desired doneness is achieved.
- When satisfied with doneness, remove air fryer basket and transfer sweet potato wedges to large, clean bowl. Repeat process with any remaining wedges.
- Once all wedges have been cooked, add ½ teaspoon garlic powder to bowl with sweet potato wedges. Toss to season wedges on all sides with garlic powder, then serve warm with preferred dipping sauces.
- Number of servings will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, and the sizes and number of wedges you cut.
- Cook Time: Cook time will vary from one air fryer to another. Adjust cook time as needed based on your specific results and preferences. Work in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding the basket. If the basket is too full, the potato wedges won’t cook evenly.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.