This Apple Cider Sangria is filled with the most perfect blend of spices, fruit, and wine, and it is so easy to make. Apple Cider Sangria is great for the holidays, pot lucks, parties, or just to enjoy with a friend! We know this recipe will surely be a crowd pleaser!
What makes this Apple Cider Sangria so perfect?
What makes this Apple Cider Sangria perfect is the fact that it comes together so easily, and it is filled with spiced goodness such as cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and clove.
Not to mention, this sangria has the most amazing sweet flavors, too, from the apple cider, oranges and ginger. This sangria will surely be a crowd pleaser because of the amazing combination of ingredients!
How To Make Apple Cider Sangria – Step By Step
- Thinly slice apples and oranges. Make sure they are not to thick in width.
- Place thinly sliced apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground clove in bottom of a good sized pitcher. Stir to coat fruit in spices.
- Once you are finished with that, stir in white wine and maple syrup over the coated mixture.
- Next, add in the carbonated water and apple cider. Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed together. Once mixed together, transfer pitcher to refrigerator and let chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve over ice inside glass. Garnish with an orange wedge and or cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
What is sangria?
Sangria is an alcoholic punch originating in Spain. The punch often consists of wine, chopped or sliced fruit, and some additional ingredients. After the alcohol and fruit have settled together, sangria is typically served from a pitcher or punch bowl.
There are many options for serving sangria. Usually, the alcoholic punch is served over ice in glasses. Sometimes you can find sugar, spices, herbs, or other additional ingredients as garnishments.
Tips For Making This Apple Cider Sangria
- Make sure you allow the sangria to sit for several hours prior to serving! This ensures prominent flavors to be present from the fruit and wine.
- This recipe is best with white wine. If you do not ingest alcohol, enjoy a mocktail by leaving out the wine.
- Do not add ice to the original container of the sangria has it will water the flavors down.
Be Sure To Check Out These Other Wonderful Recipes!
- Perfect Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
- Paleo Sangria (Spanish Style)
- Champagne Jello Shots with Blueberries
- Halloween Margaritas “Monsteritas” (Cucumber Jalapeño)
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Apple Cider Sangria
- Pitcher or punch bowl
- 1 orange thinly sliced (save a couple wedges)
- 2 apples thinly
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 1 bottle white wine we used Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks more for garnishment
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Thinly slice apples and oranges. Make sure the apples and oranges are not to thick in width. Set aside an orange for garnishment purposes.
- Place thinly sliced apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground clove in bottom of a good sized pitcher. Stir to fully coat fruit in spices.
- Next, stir in white wine and maple syrup over the coated fruit. Then, add in the carbonated water and apple cider. Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Once mixed together, transfer pitcher to refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours. Serve over ice inside glass. Garnish with an orange wedge and or cinnamon stick. Enjoy!