These oh-so-delicious baked turkey meatballs tossed in a sweet and tangy Asian-inspired sauce are a quick and easy recipe that’s full of flavor. Serve them on their own or pair them with white rice, cauliflower rice, or noodles for a total meal.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- These meatballs are SO incredibly simple, but they taste amazing! The meatballs themselves are perfectly seasoned with fresh ingredients, but then they’re tossed in an incredible glaze that just puts the flavors over the top.
- Since we’re using ground turkey here, they’re already lighter than beef meatballs. We take that lightness a step further by baking them rather than frying them.
Hoisin Sauce – Gives the glaze a little sweet AND a little heat.
Breadcrumbs – These, along with the egg, act as a binder for the meatballs. They’ll ensure the meatballs hold their shape and don’t fall apart when you cook them.
- Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop with a release handle for the easiest meatball portioning. It’ll make your process go so much faster, and it’ll help keep all the meatballs a uniform size.
- Be careful not to overcook the meatballs. Since the ground turkey is so lean, it can dry out easily. Adjust the cook time as needed based on your specific oven, and check them with an internal meat thermometer to be sure they’re the right temp.
More Asian-Inspired Recipes You’ll Love
- Keto Crab Rangoon
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Chinese Vegetable Soup
- Restaurant-Style Chicken Fried Rice
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions sliced, white and green parts separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet lightly greased
- Large skillet
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. In large bowl, mix together all meatball ingredients until just combined.
- Divide ground turkey into 12 evenly sized portions and roll each between palms of hands to form meatballs. Place meatballs on greased baking sheet with space between each.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of meatballs reads 165° Fahrenheit.
- While meatballs bake, add all sauce ingredients to large skillet over high heat and stir to combine. Bring sauce mixture to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer fully-cooked meatballs from baking sheet to skillet and toss or stir to completely coat meatballs in sauce.
- Simmer meatballs and sauce an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then serve warm with rice if desired.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.