These crispy, perfectly seasoned avocado chips are out of this world addictive. With tangy lemon juice and fresh parmesan cheese, these crunchy chips are the perfect snack on their own or with your favorite dip.
Why These Chips Are So Good
- These avocado chips are incredibly crispy and packed with flavor, making them the perfect alternative to packaged chips.
- This quick and easy recipe takes just a few basic ingredients and about 18 minutes in the oven.
- These veggie chips are not only vegetarian, but also gluten-free, keto, and low carb.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash a peeled, pitted avocado with a spoon until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and spices. Stir until everything is completely blended.
- Place heaping teaspoons of batter to the baking sheet, spacing each about 3 inches apart. Flatten until about a 1/16 of an inch thick.
- Bake the chips until crust is cheese is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Flip chips over using a spatula and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat steps until all of the avocado mixture has been used.
- To flatten the chips, place another piece of parchment paper on top of the avocado dollop once on the baking sheet. Press down on each ball until flattened to desired thickness. Gently peel back the top parchment paper. If any avocado peels off with the paper, just add it back to the chip. You can also flatten the chips with the bottom of an oiled measuring cup.
- The lemon juice is absolutely necessary to this recipe! The avocado can become bitter when cooking, which the juice prevents.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- Keto Bacon Chips
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Crockpot Queso Dip
- Grilled Peaches Recipe with Honey
- Carrot Fries
- Crispy Kale Chips with Honey-Lemon Drizzle
- 1 avocado large, peeled and pitted
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt pinch, to taste
- ground black pepper pinch, to taste
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add avocado to medium-sized bowl. Mash with spoon until smooth. Add cheese, lemon juice, and spices. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Place heaping teaspoons of batter on baking sheet. Space each about 3 inches apart. Flatten until approximately 1/16 inch thick.
- Bake chips about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Flip chips using thin spatula. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of batter.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.