This beef schnitzel is extra crispy and delicious! It’s an easy recipe, with only a handful of ingredients you probably already have on-hand. Serve this restaurant-quality beef schnitzel with a side of your favorite roasted veggies for a complete and healthy meal.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s perfectly crispy and totally delicious! We use a secret ingredient to yield the crispiest pan-fried schnitzel of all time.
- It’s surprisingly easy to make! Simply coat the steaks in flour, whisked eggs, then breadcrumbs before cooking for a few minutes per side. In three very simple steps and in under 20 minutes, you’ll have a perfectly cooked and delicious main course.
- This beef schnitzel recipe is healthier than most other schnitzel recipes out there! By pan-frying our breaded steaks, we use a fraction of the oil that traditional recipes use.
- The thinner your steaks, the quicker they’ll cook! 1/4-inch thick steaks will take anywhere from 3-4 minutes per side to cook. However, for thicker steaks, increase your cook time by at least a couple minutes.
- Once done pan-frying, transfer cooked beef schnitzel to a paper towel-lined plate to rest. The paper towel will soak up any excess cooking oil, and leaving it to rest will ensure a juicier steak.
- Serve this German-inspired recipe however you’d like! I served my schnitzel with a side of fresh veggies to keep things light and healthy. However, a side of mashed potatoes and gravy would also make for a delicious, comforting meal.
Other Beef Recipes You Must Try
- 5 thin-cut steaks ¼-inch thin
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium bowls
- Large skillet
- Whisk together the all purpose flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge each steak in the flour mixture to coat, then dip in whisked eggs, then dip and coat in panko breadcrumbs. Repeat this dipping process for all steaks.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add in steaks in an even layer and cook about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat until all steaks are cooked, adding more oil to skillet as needed. Serve immediately.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use rice flour in place of the all purpose flour and gluten-free panko breadcrumbs in place of the regular breadcrumbs for a completely gluten-free recipe.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.