This blueberry baked oatmeal is absolutely divine. It’s perfectly chewy but still soft with perfect sweetness. It’s a filling and easy grab and go breakfast, great for meal prep, and great for brunch or breakfast entertaining, too! Gluten free.
Why is this the best blueberry baked oatmeal recipe?
- It’s so easy to make – it only takes about five minutes to prep this dish!
- It is so tasty! This was a huge hit in our house!
- It’s perfect for meal prep for easy breakfasts throughout the week.
- It’s great if you are making breakfast or brunch for a crowd – it easily serves eight!
- It’s naturally gluten-free.
How to make blueberry baked oatmeal – step by step
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in fresh blueberries.
Spread into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden
What oats are best for baking?
I used rolled oats in this baked oatmeal, and I find them the best for baking. They are whole, flatten oats that have a nice chewy texture. Quick oats are are similar, but they are cut into smaller pieces, so their texture is more delicate when baked. Old fashioned oats will result in a heartier texture.
Baked blueberry oatmeal is great for meal prep!
This recipe is so perfect for make ahead breakfasts. The leftovers keep for several days in the refrigerator for easy to grab breakfasts throughout the week. Simply reheat a portion in the oven or microwave with a splash of milk.
If you are planning on serving this as a breakfast or brunch to a large crowd, you can make it the night before, keep it covered in the fridge and then bake in the morning before you serve it.
Is baked blueberry oatmeal a healthy breakfast?
Oatmeal is a great breakfast choice – oats are one of the healthiest grains yo can incorporate into your diet! They are a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and they keep you satisfied until lunch. Health benefits include lowering blood sugar levels, weight loss and management and a reducing the risk of heart disease.
Top tips to make baked blueberry oatmeal
- You could probably make this breakfast vegan by substituting 2 flax eggs for the eggs, using coconut oil instead of butter, and using a plant-based milk.
- If you are gluten intolerant, be sure to check that the oats are GF certified.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Be sure to check out these other healthy family recipes!
- How to Boil Artichokes
- Pecan Crusted Chicken
- Grilled Peaches with Honey
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
I would love to hear if you have tried this baked blueberry oatmeal recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk of choice 1/2 cup for firmer, 3/4 for moister
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or refined coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except blueberries until well combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spread into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden