These buffalo chicken fries are spicy, cheesy, and the perfect game day appetizer! Loaded with chicken, ranch, and blue cheese topped with homemade buffalo sauce, they will be a favorite your guests ask for again and again.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- These buffalo chicken fries are absolutely packed full of spicy flavor, but they are so easy to make. Whipped up in under 30 minutes, they are perfect for serving for tailgating, game day, as an appetizer, or even on top of a salad!
- The homemade buffalo sauce tastes like what you would get at your favorite bar or restaurant, but is surprisingly simple. Just mix your ingredients, simmer, and toss with chicken.
- Made with mostly pantry and freezer staples, these buffalo chicken fries are an uncomplicated, inexpensive appetizer that will absolutely wow your family and guests.
How To Make It
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk until the sauce comes to a simmer and the butter is melted.
Let sauce cool, then toss it with the cooked chicken.
Layer cooked French fries, mozzarella cheese, and chicken on a baking sheet. Bake until the cheese melts.
Top with blue cheese and green onions and drizzle with ranch. Eat it as is or top a salad with your fries!
- You can either cook your own chicken for this recipe or buy precooked chicken.
- You can absolutely leave out the chicken if you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian. Roasted cauliflower or even cubed tofu are both delicious with buffalo sauce. If you are vegetarian, either leave out the Worcestershire sauce or buy a vegetarian version. (Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies!)
More Party Food
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cucumber Salsa
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts shredded or cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Louisiana style hot sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 28 ounces frozen french fries cooked
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup green onions sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk until the sauce comes to a simmer and the butter is melted. Taste and add salt and pepper according to your preference. Let sauce cool before tossing with cooked chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Layer cooked french fries, mozzarella cheese, and chicken on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with blue cheese and green onions. Drizzle with ranch dressing before serving. Serve with romaine lettuce if desired.
- Chicken: Cook your own chicken for this recipe or buy precooked chicken.
- Vegetarian: Roasted cauliflower or cubed tofu are both delicious with buffalo sauce. Either leave out the Worcestershire sauce or buy a vegetarian version.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.