These buffalo chicken quesadillas are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and they’re loaded with tangy buffalo chicken and melty cheese on the inside! With a few simple ingredients and in just 10 minutes you’ll have a flavor-packed lunch or dinner.
What Makes These Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas So Good
- They’re irresistibly cheesy and delicious! Layers of melty Mexican cheese and spicy buffalo chicken are encased in two crispy flour tortillas. These buffalo chicken quesadillas are seriously addictive!
- They require just 5 ingredients! Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, butter, tortillas, and shredded Mexican cheese. That’s all you’ll need for this super simple recipe!
- It’s an easy meal to throw together when you’re short on time. Start by mixing together the buffalo chicken. Then, layer everything between two tortillas. Last, but definitely not least, fry up in a pan until golden brown and delicious!
Key Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Buffalo Sauce – Any buffalo sauce will work in this buffalo chicken quesadillas recipe! I most often use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce since it packs in quite a bit of spice and flavor. However, you can certainly pick up any buffalo sauce that best suits your spice preferences.
Butter – Believe it or not, butter is a very important part of this recipe. Each quesadilla is quickly pan-fried in butter. This gives them a perfect golden brown shell. I’ve tried this recipe with a variety of oils. Though none taste nearly as good as butter does. However, the one substitution you could make here is by using ghee instead of butter.
Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend – Most Mexican cheese blends contain a mixture of Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese. Both cheeses together give these quesadillas a mildly sharp and tangy flavor. However, if you can’t find a Mexican cheese blend, you can simply combine the cheeses yourself. Also, you can use either cheese alone in these quesadillas if you prefer!
- The amount of buffalo chicken and cheese in each quesadilla is simply a recommendation. If you prefer a super cheesy quesadilla, then feel free to throw some more cheese in there! Get creative with this recipe. Don’t be afraid to make it your own!
- I highly recommend serving your finished quesadillas with a side of ranch dressing. Zesty ranch is the perfect compliment to spicy buffalo chicken and sharp Mexican cheese!
- If you have any leftover quesadillas, then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. To reheat, place them in a skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter. Then, leave for a few minutes or until cheese has re-melted. However, I will say – these buffalo chicken quesadillas are best enjoyed immediately after making!
Other Easy Lunch or Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Chicken Pesto Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken see Notes
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
For Serving (Optional)
- ranch dressing
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Large skillet
- Mix together the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce in a bowl.
- Heat two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle tortilla with ½ cup cheese then half of the shredded buffalo chicken.
- Place another ½ cup cheese on top of chicken, followed by another tortilla. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown underneath.
- Flip quesadilla and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from skillet and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Shredded Chicken: I followed this simple method to prepare my shredded chicken for this recipe. However, this Instant Pot shredded chicken is also a great option as well!
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.