Prepare yourself for the tastiest low-carb dessert ever – keto creme brûlée! Perfectly sweet, creamy, and with that signature caramelized sugar top. With only 4 grams of net carbs, this sugar-free creme brûlée fits perfectly into any keto or low-carb diet!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It requires just four ingredients! Heavy cream, egg yolks, sugar-free sweetener, and vanilla bean paste is all you’ll need to make this decadent low-carb dessert.
- It’s the key to satisfying your sweet tooth on the keto diet! Let’s face it, we all crave something sweet after most meals. So lucky for you, this delicious dessert is totally keto-compliant.
- It has all the signature details of a classic creme brûlée, just without the extra carbs! A sweet, creamy base and crackly caramelized top. This low-carb treat is guaranteed to fool even the toughest of dessert critics!
Heavy Cream – The heavy cream is essential to achieving that thick, custard base. Don’t swap this main ingredient out for anything else, since it simply won’t work. Also, remember that when you warm the heavy cream in a saucepan – it should barely be simmering. If you’ve brought the cream to a boil, then it’s way too hot and you’ll need to start over.
Sugar-Free Sweetener – I used granular Swerve in my keto creme brûlée and had perfect results! The Swerve melts perfectly when heated with a kitchen torch, creating that delicious caramelized top. Though feel free to use your favorite sugar-free sweetener in this recipe instead. And if not keto, you can simply substitute the sweetener for regular white sugar!
- Don’t walk away from the heavy cream on the stove! The cream will heat up in only a few minutes, and if you let it get too hot, it could ruin this recipe. Therefore, keep a close eye on it and remove it from the heat just as it begins to simmer.
- If you don’t have a kitchen torch, then place your ramekins under the broiler for about 30 seconds. If going this route, keep an eye on your creme brûlées as the sweetener can burn quickly under the broiler.
- You can prep this keto creme brûlée ahead of time if you’d like! To do this, make the custard the night before and bake in ramekins. Then, leave to chill in the fridge overnight and for up to 24 hours before topping with extra sweetener and finishing them off with a torch.
More Keto Desserts You Must Try
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Red Velvet Cake
- Flourless Keto Chocolate Torte
- Keto German Chocolate Cake
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
Keto Creme Brûlée
- Small saucepan
- Medium bowl
- 4 ramekins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar-free sweetener such as granular Swerve, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, until barely simmering – not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar-free sweetener.
- Slowly pour hot heavy cream into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Mix in the vanilla bean paste.
- Transfer mixture to 4 ramekins and ramekins inside a large baking dish. Pour hot water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes before removing, leave to cool on the counter before covering and chilling in the fridge for 4 hours.Once chilled, top with remaining sugar-free sweetener and use a kitchen torch to melt sweetener until golden brown.
- To test when the keto creme brûlées are done, gently touch the center of one after cooking. If it springs back just a bit, then it’s ready!