This keto white chicken chili is the ultimate keto comfort food! Quick, easy, and packed full of flavor, it’s perfect on cold days or when you just need a filling, low carb meal.
- Shredded chicken
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese – If you are on keto, use full-fat cream cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese shredded – You can use other shredded cheese if you’d like, like Colby Jack or cheddar
- Diced green chilis
- Garlic cloves
- Green onions – The white bases. You can use the green parts as garnish.
How To Make It
In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken with the spices.
In a stock pot or thick-bottomed Dutch oven, melt the butter. Add the garlic cloves and green onion bases. Cook until the green onions become fragrant.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, and Sriracha to the butter and green onions. Bring everything to a simmer and cook until the cream cheese melts.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make to sure to keep an eye on the chili so it doesn’t burn! After cooking, season with a little salt and pepper.
Serve with garnishes like more cheese, bacon, green onion slices, or jalapeño slices.
- You can use any hot sauce you like if you don’t have Sriracha. The chili is also amazing with Frank’s Red Hot, Louisiana, or Tapatío.
- You can cook your own chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it using the methods in The Best Shredded Chicken. If you have an Instant Pot, this recipe for shredded chicken is super easy!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Keto Recipes
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 4 cups chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chilis
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup green onion white bases, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a stock pot or thick-bottomed Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and green onion bases. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, and sriracha to green onions. Bring to a simmer and cook until cream cheese is melted. Add the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, and diced green chilis. Stir together. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Make to sure to keep an eye on the chili so it does not burn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Hot sauce: You can use any hot sauce you like if you don’t have Sriracha. The chili is also amazing with Frank’s Red Hot, Louisiana, or Tapatío.
- Shredded chicken: You can cook your own chicken and shred it by hand or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it. If you have an Instant Pot, this recipe for shredded chicken is easy.