Cooking frozen chicken breast in the air fryer will be your new favorite hack! Frozen chicken breast is thawed and fully cooked in no-time using this air fryer method.
What Makes This Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer Recipe So Good
- You can add this chicken to whatever dish you’d like! We kept the seasoning simple and light, making this a versatile addition to any meal.
- It totally eliminates the time and energy it takes to defrost frozen chicken! This method does everything from defrost to fully cook the chicken in three easy steps.
- You can customize this recipe however you’d like! Add garlic powder and smoked paprika for Mexican-inspired chicken or dried oregano and lemon juice for Mediterranean-inspired chicken. There really is no wrong way to season this recipe, so have fun with it!
Key Ingredients for Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
Frozen Chicken Breast – This method eliminates the dreaded task of having to defrost that frozen chicken breast that’s been sitting in your freezer! Simply remove it from the package then place it straight into the air fryer basket.
Olive Oil – Really any cooking oil will work in this recipe! If you’re looking to make this recipe even easier, then use spray cooking oil and simply give the chicken a quick spritz of oil before cooking.
- It’s important to remember that not all air fryers are created equal. When you pause to flip the chicken breast halfway through cooking, evaluate how quickly it’s cooked and adjust the total cook time as needed.
- Allow the cooked chicken to sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing. If you go straight into slicing the chicken as soon as you remove it from the air fryer, all of its delicious juices will pour out – resulting in less flavorful chicken.
- Store this chicken in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days. You can then reheat it in your air fryer set to 360° Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until warm throughout!
What Do We Mean By Healthy?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
Ways To Use This Chicken Breast
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil see Notes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360° Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken breast in air fryer basket, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 35 minutes, pausing to flip chicken halfway through.
- Olive Oil: You can use any kind of cooking oil you’d like in this recipe.