These cauliflower chips are the perfect healthy substitute for potato chips! Perfect for dipping and super customizable, they are the ultimate guilt-free snack.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Cauliflower – Use a fresh head
Parmesan cheese – We prefer freshly grated, but you can also use shredded or powdered parmesan
Salt – To taste. We just used a pinch.
How To Make Cauliflower Chips
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam them until they’re tender.
Add the steamed cauliflower to a food processor and pulse a few times until they become crumbs.
Transfer the cauliflower to some cheesecloth and squeeze out any extra liquid.
Add the cauliflower to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix with a large spoon or your hands until it becomes dough-like.
Scoop a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Using the palm of your hand, flatten the ball into a chip about 1/8 of an inch thick. Place the chips on the baking sheet, making sure there is some space between each one.
Bake in the oven until they’re golden brown. Eat alone or serve with your favorite dip!
Top Tips For Making
- Cauliflower makes for a great blank canvas, so you add any type of seasoning you like to these. Try them with chipotle powder, paprika, or any other spice you love.
- Don’t skip the cheesecloth! You definitely want to remove as much moisture as possible from the cauliflower so that the chips don’t end up too mushy.
- We used an Instant Pot to steam our cauliflower, but you could also use a stovetop or microwave.
- These chips are absolutely delicious alone, but also amazing with dip. Try them with guacamole, queso, buffalo chicken dip, loaded baked potato dip, or whatever else you can imagine!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Chip Recipes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until fork tender.
- Place steamed cauliflower in food processor and pulse a couple of times until it becomes crumb-like. Transfer to cheesecloth and squeeze out extra moisture.
- Add cauliflower along with rest of ingredients to a large bowl. Use a large spoon or your hands to mix until it forms a dough.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into ball with your hands. Use palm to flatten ball until it is about 1/8" thick. Add chips to baking sheet, leaving space between each one. Bake 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. After 7 minutes cook time, check chips every minute to ensure they don't burn.
- Seasoning suggestions: Chipotle powder, paprika, or any other spice you love.
- Removing moisture: Don’t skip cheesecloth step. It’s important to remove as much moisture as possible so chips aren’t too mushy.
- Steaming cauliflower: We used an Instant Pot to steam our cauliflower, but you could also use a stovetop or microwave.
- Dip suggestions: Try them with guacamole, queso, buffalo chicken dip, loaded baked potato dip, or whatever else you can imagine!