This bright and flavorful marinated salad is absolutely perfect for summer! Sweet, juicy cherry tomatoes flavored by olive oil, basil, and Italian seasoning makes the perfect easy, delicious summer salad and side dish.
What You’ll Need To Make This Salad
Apple cider vinegar
How To Make Cherry Tomato Salad
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the tomatoes in a dish or bowl.
Stir everything gently to coat tomatoes thoroughly.
Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Serve with a sprinkling of basil on top.
Top Tips For Making
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, any small ones will work. You can also use a combination of grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and the multi-colored ones if you have them!
- You can eat this as a side dish by itself, or you can mix it with pasta salad, or put it on top of a regular salad. You can also use this as a bruschetta recipe, putting it on top of a baguette.
- For vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy, Healthy Recipes
Cherry Tomato Salad
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- basil fresh, chopped
- Combine oil, apple cider vinegar, italian seasoning, honey, garlic, and salt in small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over cherry tomatoes in dish or bowl. Stir to combine. Chill for 2 hours at minimum prior to serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Tomatoes: If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, any small ones will work.
- Serving options: Serve as side dish, in pasta salad, on salad, or on top of baguette as bruschetta.
- Vegan: Sub maple syrup for honey.