Chocolate covered espresso beans are the bite-sized energy boost you’ve been craving! Sweet and crunchy, with a little punch of caffeine. This 2-ingredient recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- There’s only 2 ingredients in this recipe, and you can find them at almost any grocery store! No need to run around tracking down crazy ingredients you might not use ever again.
- They give you a little energy boost, thanks to the caffeine content of the espresso beans. How much exactly depends on the type of beans you use, but generally whole coffee beans have more caffeine than brewed coffee! Keep that in mind if you’re caffeine-sensitive.
- Store them in an airtight container (refrigerated or room temperature) up to one week for a sweet treat you can keep on hand! They also freeze well – just keep them in an airtight container up to one month.
Espresso Beans – You can use basically any whole bean coffee you can find at your local grocery store! Hazelnut and vanilla beans add a little extra flavor to this recipe. Dark coffee beans generally work well with the sweetness in milk chocolate, while medium or light roast beans work well with the bitterness in dark chocolate.
Chocolate – The great thing about this recipe is you can customize it so easily! We used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use a chocolate bar, chili-flavored dark chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, or any other flavor chocolate you like!
- Eat them on their own by the handful, or use them as a garnish for chocolate cupcakes or brownies.
- We used a microwave to melt the chocolate because it’s so quick and easy, but you can totally use a double boiler if you prefer!
- For a keto treat, try something like Choczero chocolate chips or Lily’s 55% Dark chocolate chips.
- After coating the beans in the melted chocolate, you can roll them in cocoa powder if you like a really chocolatey snack.
More Incredible Chocolate Recipes
- Keto German Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Mug Cake
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup espresso beans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 milk chocolate bar
- Place chocolate chips (or chocolate bar, broken into pieces) in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn chocolate.
- Remove bowl from microwave and add in espresso beans, stirring until well combined.
- Remove each espresso bean individually using a fork. Place beans on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, being careful not to let them touch.
- Repeat until all beans are coated in chocolate and placed on parchment paper.
- Let beans cool at room temperature. Alternately, chill them in the refrigerator to help them set up faster.
- Make it Keto: Use keto-friendly chocolates like Choczero or Lily’s brands chocolate.