These bacon bits have all the smoky, crispy goodness of real bacon, but are 100% vegan! Perfect for salads, on vegan cheese fries, or wherever you’re craving a salty crunch, this coconut bacon is out of this world delicious.
What You’ll Need To Make Coconut Bacon
How To Make Coconut Bacon
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Line a cookie or baking sheet with some parchment paper.
Mix together everything but the coconut flakes in a small bowl.
In a medium sized bowl, add the coconut flakes.
Pour the sauce over the coconut and gently stir or toss until they are completely coated.
Spread the coconut evenly on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes. Stir the coconut flakes about halfway through the cook time.
Remove and let cool before enjoying!
Top Tips For Making
- Check your coconut bacon about once a minute after stirring halfway through the cook time. They make take a little less than 12 minutes, so be sure to pull them out when they look browned and crispy.
- You can store these in the freezer if you’d like to keep extra. Just let them thaw at room temperature, and they will be just as crispy as when you first made them!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Vegan Recipes
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie or baking sheet with some parchment paper. Mix together tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Place coconut flakes in medium sized bowl
- Pour the sauce over the coconut and gently stir or toss until they are completely coated.
- Spread the coconut evenly on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Stir the coconut flakes after baking 6 minutes. When coconut bacon is done, let cool before serving.
- Cooking tips: Check coconut bacon every minute after stirring midway through cook time to ensure they do not burn.
- Storage: Keep in freezer 6-8 months. Let thaw before serving.