This super easy method for making cold brew with green tea is absolutely delicious! Just a few simple ingredients make the smoothest, most refreshing tea you’ve ever had.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Green tea bags
How To Make Cold Brew Green Tea
Fill a large mason jar with cold water.
Either cut open the tea bags and pour the leaves into the water or place the bags directly in it.
Add the seasonings, if you desire, and then stir everything together.
Place the lid on the jar and let it sit overnight or for a full day.
After the tea has steeped, use a cheesecloth to filter out the tea leaves and other seasonings.
Serve over ice and garnish with basil or lemon.
Top Tips For Making
- Don’t use hot water to steep your tea! This method with cold water removes tannins, which makes your tea bitter.
- If you don’t have a mason jar, you can use a pitcher and cover it with plastic wrap while it is seeping.
- Your cold brew green tea will keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Try different flavors for your tea! You could use orange slices, berries, peaches, or any fruit with herbs like mint, rosemary, or even lemongrass. Add a little minced ginger to your tea for an extra kick!
- We used liquid stevia for this recipe, which we only needed 1/4 teaspoon for the whole batch. You can use simple syrup or another liquid sweetener.
- If you only have loose tea leaves, use about 1 tablespoon for every ounce of water.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Drinks
Cold Brew Green Tea
- Large mason jar
- 3 bags green tea
- 20 ounces filtered water cold
- lemon slices optional
- basil fresh leaves, hand ripped
- liquid sweetener optional
- Fill mason jar with water. Either place tea bags directly in water or cut open and pour tea leaves in water.
- Add basil, liquid sweetener, and lemon if desired.
- Stir to combine. Place lid on jar and let sit overnight or up to 24 hours.
- After seeping up to 24 hours, use cheesecloth to filter out leaves and seasonings. Serve over ice and garnish as desired.
- Water temperature: Use cold water to avoid tannins being released, which make the tea bitter.
- No mason jar: Can also use large pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap during seeping.
- Storage: Keep covered in fridge up to 4 days.
- Flavor options: Orange slices, berries, peaches, or any fruit with herbs like mint, rosemary, or even lemongrass. Can also add minced garlic to tea.
- Liquid sweetener: We used 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia for this recipe, but you can use simple syrup or any liquid sweetener.
- Loose tea leaves: Use about 1 tablespoon for every 8 ounces water.