This creamy dill sauce is perfect for salmon, and it takes only 5 minutes to make. Rich and bright flavors are thanks to the lemon juice and fresh dill. It’s perfect on salmon, salmon patties, or with other poultry or seafood.
We do not know about you, but we are huge fans of savory and creamy. This easy peasy CREAMY dill sauce fits that description perfectly. With minimal effort, this dill sauce is sure to knock you off your feet (not literally) on these hot summer days.
To get started, all you need are a few ingredients, small mixing bowl, and a mixing device (whatever you prefer…) to combine the ingredients. That’s it! Have fun!
Why This Dill Sauce for Salmon Is So Good
- Simple ingredients. That statement is key for this recipe.
- It only takes about 5 minutes to make.
- It’s super versatile. Yes! This creamy and savory dill sauce can be paired with most seafood and poultry dishes (including our air fryer salmon recipe!).
- This creamy dill sauce is bright and creamy, and it’s loaded with flavor.
How to make this creamy dill sauce recipe
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups of sour cream
- Start with 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Adjust accordingly
- 1/4 cup of chopped dill
- pinch of sea salt
Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. With a spoon, simply stir all ingredients together until well combined. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and dill sprigs.
Recipe notes from the author
- If you are running low on sour cream, you can substitute with plain greek yogurt. We recommend full-fat for the best taste (And it’s good for you!).
- You can adjust the lemon juice according to your palate
- Pairs perfectly with our air fryer salmon or easy salmon patties
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Have you made this recipe? We would love to hear your feedback! Follow us on Instagram and please leave a rating and comment so we can chat.
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice Add more or less accordingly
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients in small mixing bowl. With a spoon, simply stir all ingredients together until well combined. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and dill sprigs.