This slow cooker cheese dip is unbelievably creamy and highly addictive, and is super simple to throw together for get-togethers or just snacking!
Why This Recipe is So Good
- Our version of queso is thick, flavorful, and is perfect for scooping with chips, veggies, or even bacon chips.
- Unlike some other cheese dips, this recipe uses real cheese and cream cheese.
- This queso is so easy to put together — just throw a few ingredients in the Crockpot, and let it cook until it’s reached melty, cheesy perfection.
How To Make It
- Cut the monterey jack cheese and the cream cheese into cubes. Add both to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together evaporated milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the chiles, garlic powder, salt, and jalapeños to the slow cooker. For a milder queso, leave out the jalapeños’ juice.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. You want to make sure to check your queso fairly frequently and make sure not to cook it longer than 2 hours, as the cheese will burn and ruin your dip!
- Be sure to watch your slow cooker! This dip can burn easily (we learned from personal experience), so check your queso and stir fairly frequently!
- Use the juice from a jar of jalapeños to kick up the spiciness a notch. You can add as much or as little heat as you’d like!
- We love our cheesy Crockpot queso dip with real dairy, but you can swap out the cheese and evaporated milk for plant-based substitutes to fit a vegan diet. Try it and let us know what you think!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
Crockpot Queso Dip
- Slow cooker
- 1 pound monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces evaporated milk 1 can
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces green chiles 1 can
- 4 ounces jalapeños 1 can, including juice
- Cut monterey jack cheese and cream cheese into cubes and add both to the slow cooker.
- Whisk together evaporated milk and cornstarch in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the chiles, garlic powder, salt, and jalapeños to the slow cooker. Add the jalapenos' juice for a spicier taste.
- Cook on low in slow cooker for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Check fairly frequently and do not leave cooking longer as cheese may burn.