These cucumber chips will totally curb your chip cravings, but without all the carbs! Salt and vinegar flavored, but easy to customize, they are perfectly crunchy, salty, and taste like junk food with no junk!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
How To Make Cucumber Chips
Preheat the oven to 175º F.
Line a baking or cookie sheet with some parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
Wash the cucumbers and slice them into thin rounds. They should be thin, but not so much that you can see through them.
Mix together the oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl.
Gently dip the cucumber slices into the avocado oil mixture.
Place the slices on the cookie sheet and bake for 3-4 hours until crispy.
Top Tips For Making
- Use a sharp knife or a mandolin to cut your cucumber into slices, but, obviously, be really careful! You want the slices to be thin enough to get crispy, but not so thin that they stick to the cookie sheet.
- If you’re not a fan of salt and vinegar, omit the vinegar. You can also add things like cayenne pepper if you want a kick, garlic salt, or smoked paprika. The cucumbers are basically a blank canvas!
- We used medium-sized cucumbers for our chips, but smaller ones have smaller seeds. It’s just whatever your personal preference is!
- If you have a dehydrator, you can cook these chips at 125-135º F for 10-12 hours.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Recipes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175º F. Line a baking or cookie sheet with some parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Wash the cucumbers and slice them into thin rounds. They should be thin, but not so much that you can see through them.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl. Gently dip the cucumber slices into the avocado oil mixture.
- Place the slices on the cookie sheet and bake for 3-4 hours until crispy.
- Flavor variations: Omit vinegar and add cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or smoked paprika.
- Cutting notes: Use a sharp knife or mandolin carefully to cut into slices that are not see-through, but are quite thin.
- Cucumbers: Use small cucumbers if you prefer small seeds.
- Dehydrator: Cook chips 125-135º F for 10-12 hours.