Cooking frozen burritos in the air fryer is the best way to get delicious, perfect frozen burritos! The air fryer gives you much better results than the microwave in less time than the oven. You’ll never cook frozen burritos any other way again!
What Makes Frozen Burritos in the Air Fryer So Good
- If you’ve ever cooked a frozen burrito in the microwave, you know they come out alright. They’re hot and delicious, sure, but they can be a little… soggy. Or they might not cook evenly, so one spot is REALLY hot and one spot is still practically frozen. Or parts of the tortilla dry out and get really tough. You get the picture. The point is, the air fryer completely takes care of all of those issues, leaving you with perfectly cooked, hot, crispy burritos.
- This method is so simple. I mean, couldn’t be any simpler if you tried. You don’t even have to thaw them first! Just place the frozen burritos in the air fryer and fry them for 13-15 minutes. That’s it.
Key Ingredients for Frozen Burritos in the Air Fryer
Frozen Burritos – Use your favorite frozen burritos! This air fryer method works for any brand and any type.
Toppings of Choice – A great way to dress up your frozen burritos is to add your favorite toppings! Sour cream, queso, salsa, guacamole dip, pico de gallo – whatever you want!
- The first rule of air frying is to place your food in a single, flat layer, without overlapping. Overlapping will keep the air from circulating like it needs to, and parts of your burritos will be undercooked. If your air fryer is on the small side, that may mean you need to work in multiple batches, depending on the number of frozen burritos you’re cooking.
- If you like your burritos extra crispy or your food tends to stick to your air fryer basket, you can lightly spray the basket with air-fryer-safe spray oil before you cook the burritos. Totally optional!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Simply Have to Try
- Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Empanadas
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- air-fryer-safe spray oil
- 2-4 frozen burritos
- toppings of choice
- Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit.
- When preheated, lightly spray air fryer basket with spray oil if desired to prevent sticking. Place frozen burritos in air fryer basket.
- Return air fryer basket to air fryer. Cook frozen burritos 13 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through cook time.
- Remove frozen burritos from air fryer. Garnish with toppings of choice and serve immediately.
- This recipe works for any type or brand of frozen burrito. If cooking multiple burritos, be sure to place them in the basket in one flat layer, without overlapping.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.