Cooking frozen egg rolls in the air fryer is a total game changer! Once you try this quick and easy method, you’ll never cook egg rolls any other way!
What Makes Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer So Good
- You’ll get perfectly crispy egg rolls every single time with the literal least amount of effort possible.
- No need to thaw your egg rolls or preheat your air fryer, which cuts way down on your total cooking time!
- You can use this method with frozen egg rolls AND to reheat leftover egg rolls!
Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer Ingredients
Frozen Egg Rolls – This method works for any brand or variety of frozen egg rolls you like! The recipe below has instructions for cooking 4 egg rolls, but you can absolutely cook more than that. You just might need to do them in multiple batches depending on how many you’re making.
Spray Oil – You can use any oil you like for this recipe! It’ll work with vegetable, olive, coconut, avocado… pretty much any oil you can think of. You only need a little to keep the egg rolls crunchy. See the “Chef’s Tips” section for an important warning about aerosol spray oils!
- If you want your egg rolls extra crispy, spray them again (lightly) with oil when you flip them over.
- Depending on the egg rolls you use, you may need to adjust the temperature or the cook time. Mini egg rolls may cook faster in your air fryer than full size egg rolls. Pay attention when you flip them over and pivot as you need to!
- Don’t use aerosol spray oils in your air fryer basket! Aerosol sprays (like PAM) have harsh ingredients that can damage the coating on your air fryer basket. Instead, put your oil-of-choice in an oil mister or spray bottle and use that.
- Place your frozen egg rolls in the basket in a single, flat layer, without any of the egg rolls touching or overlapping. They need to be spread out so the air can circulate around them on all sides – otherwise they won’t cook evenly!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- How to Reheat Pizza in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Steak with Easy Herb Butter
- 30 Keto Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 4 frozen egg rolls
- spray oil see Notes
- green onion for garnish, optional
- sesame oil for garnish, optional
- soy sauce for dipping, optional
- Spray air fryer basket lightly with oil. Place frozen egg rolls in a single layer in basket. Spray egg rolls lightly with oil. Insert basket into air fryer.
- Turn heat to 340° Fahrenheit. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip egg rolls, then cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Finish egg rolls by toasting at 400° Fahrenheit for 2 minutes. Remove from air fryer. If desired, drizzle egg rolls with sesame oil, garnish with green onions, and serve with soy sauce.
- Make sure the spray oil you use is safe to use in the air fryer. Never use aerosol sprays! They can damage the coating on your air fryer basket.