Warm, soft, and salty, these frozen pretzels are cooked in the air fryer for the absolute best texture in no time at all. Every bit as delicious as those classic shopping mall or movie theatre soft pretzels, made right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The air fryer gives you the BEST, most PERFECT soft pretzels. The microwave can make them rubbery and tough. The oven takes a long time. The air fryer, though? Soft, warm, mall-style soft pretzels that aren’t tough at all and are ready to eat in less than 5 minutes.
- You don’t need to thaw or defrost the frozen pretzels at all, so this method really couldn’t be easier. You don’t even have to flip them over in the air fryer! Just pop the frozen soft pretzels straight into the air fryer basket and let them “bake”. This method works whether you’re cooking jumbo twisted pretzels, pretzel bites, or soft pretzel sticks.
- I love mixing up the flavors I use on my soft pretzels. Sure, coarse salt is CLASSIC and you really can’t go wrong with a giant, salty pretzel dipped in cheese sauce or yellow mustard. I also love to swap out the salty for a hearty coating of brown sugar and cinnamon, or a layer of ranch seasoning. There are SO many options for flavoring your frozen pretzels, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
- All air fryers behave differently – even 2 of the exact same model. Keep an eye on your pretzels and adjust the cook time as needed to get your desired results. You may need to add a minute or two just depending on the age, size, and power of your air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer (with Special Burger Sauce)
- Frozen Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- Brats in the Air Fryer
- Cheesy Homemade Pizza in the Air Fryer
- 4 frozen soft pretzels
- water optional
- coarse kosher salt optional
- Air Fryer
- Basting brush (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 325° Fahrenheit. If desired, brush frozen pretzels lightly with water then sprinkle coarse salt over.
- Place pretzels in air fryer basket, being careful not to overlap pretzels or overcrowd basket. Place basket in preheated air fryer and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Remove pretzels from air basket. Serve warm with cheese sauce or mustard.
- Water: Use just enough to help the salt stick, but not so much that you make the pretzels soggy. You could also use melted butter instead of water.
- For sweet soft pretzels, use melted butter instead of water and sprinkle a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the pretzels. I like to do a combo of brown sugar + cinnamon along with the coarse salt, for a sweet-and-salty pretzel.
- For ranch soft pretzels, use melted butter or water, and lightly sprinkle powdered ranch mix over the tops of the pretzels.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.