This Greek shrimp salad with feta and rice is so light and fresh but filling! It’s easy to make and is perfect for healthy meal prep or potlucks. Rice, shrimp, feta, kalamata olives, and veggies are tossed in a garlicky, lemony dressing.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It is so quick, simple and easy to make.
- It keeps well, so it’s perfect for meal prep lunches throughout the week.
- It travels well, so it’s great to take on picnics or to potlucks.
- It’s a healthy, well balanced salad that is packed full of flavor.
What makes this salad Greek?
This salad is full of ingredients that you would find in a classic Greek salad recipe:
- lemon juice
I wanted to make it a hearty dish, so I replaced the usual lettuce with a rice base and the shrimp add texture and protein.
What is the salad dressing made of?
The dressing for this salad is simple but it really packs a flavor punch. Fresh lemon juice adds a freshness to the dish and garlic and oregano amp up the flavor. You can make a bigger batch of the dressing and keep in in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.
Is This Recipe Good for Meal-Prep?
This dish is more than a simple salad, it’s a great well balanced meal that is perfect for make ahead lunches. Store it covered in the fridge, or in meal prep boxes and it will be good for about 4 days. It’s a great healthy meal prep dish!
- Use brown or whole grain instead of white, for additional fiber if you wish.
- The shrimp must be peeled, deveined and cooked.
- Use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled – it makes all the difference!
Be sure to check out these other easy and healthy recipes!
- Pecan Crusted Chicken
- Grilled Peaches with Honey
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- How to Boil Artichokes
For the Salad
- 2 8.8-ounce bags microwave rice or 4 cups cooked rice
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp deveined, peeled, cooked
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
For the Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- If using uncooked microwave rice, cook rice according to package instructions and let cool completely.
- Add cooked rice, chopped parsley, diced cucumber, diced tomatoes, cooked shrimp, sliced scallions, and chopped olives to large bowl. Stir well to thoroughly distribute all ingredients. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well to fully coat salad ingredients with dressing. Gently fold in crumbled feta and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.