Perfectly tender, flaky grilled cod cooked in foil with a light lemon butter sauce! Serve this super easy summer recipe alongside your favorite grilled veggies for a light and refreshing meal.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The grill does all the hard work! Season the cod fillets, wrap them in foil, then set them on the grill. Close your grill lid and return 10 minutes later to perfectly cooked and flaky fish!
- It includes a simple, yet irresistibly delicious lemon butter sauce. Lemon, garlic, and butter is all you’ll need to give this grilled cod in foil tons of flavor.
- It’s super healthy! This easy seafood recipe is naturally low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your cod fillets, in order to ensure they’re cooked all the way through! Once the thermometer reads 145° Fahrenheit, the fish is fully cooked and ready to eat.
- Dress up this grilled cod in foil recipe however you’d like! Sprinkle on your favorite herbs and/or seasonings. This white, flaky fish is the perfect blank canvas to whatever flavors you’d like.
- Throw some veggies on the grill while the cod cooks! Grilled broccoli, eggplant, or brussels sprouts would all make the perfect side to this healthy meal.
More Delicious Fish Recipes
- Shrimp and Corn Soup
- Creamy Dill Sauce for Salmon
- Easy Salmon Patties and Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Creamy Fish Chowder
For the Cod
- 4 cod fillets
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced into coins
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
For the Lemon Butter Sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 sheets of aluminum foil
- Paper towels
- Small bowl
- Basting brush
- Preheat grill to medium heat, approximately 350°-375° Fahrenheit.
- Place one cod fillet on each sheet of aluminum foil. Pat fillets completely dry with paper towels, then season each fillet evenly with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, melted butter, and minced garlic, until ingredients are fully incorporated. Brush butter sauce liberally over each cod fillet.
- Top each fillet with lemon coins as desired. Wrap foil securely around fillets to form foil packet and close tightly.
- Place foil packets on grill over indirect heat. Grill cod 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145° Fahrenheit according to internal meat thermometer.
- Carefully remove foil packets from grill. Unwrap foil, garnish fillets with chopped parsley, and serve with sides and additional lemon-butter sauce if desired.
- Make it Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use a vegan butter.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.