These hasselback sweet potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Cut into traditional hasselback thin slices and perfectly seasoned, they are an easy but elegant side dish.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Salt and pepper
How To Make Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 450º F and line a baking or cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, and rosemary.
Carefully slice the potatoes about 1/8 inch apart from each other, cutting about 3/4 of the way through the potato.
Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and brush with the butter mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and more fresh rosemary.
Top Tips For Making
- Want to make these potatoes into a full meal? We love our sweet potatoes stuffed with shredded chicken or tofu and some broccoli.
- To make these sweet potatoes vegan, use either vegan butter or coconut oil instead of regular butter.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Side Dishes
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes large
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus extra to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Line baking or cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Mix together the melted butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Carefully slice the potatoes about 1/8 inch apart from each other, cutting about 3/4 of the way through the potato.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet. Brush with butter mixture and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and more fresh rosemary.
- Vegan: Use coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Serving suggestion: Stuff with shredded chicken or tofu and broccoli.