These spiced, crunchy homemade pita chips are out of this world tasty! Perfect on their own or with dips like hummus, baba ganoush, salsa, or tzatziki, these easy chips are a snacker’s delight.
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Whole wheat pitas
How To Make Homemade Pita Chips
Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the seasonings and the oil.
Cut each pita into 8 triangles.
Brush each triangle with the oil on both sides and then arrange them on the baking sheet.
Bake until brown and crispy. Let them cool and serve!
Top Tips For Making
- Make this recipe gluten free by making or using gluten free pitas, flat bread, or naan. Make sure it’s plain if you plan on using any additional spices!
- If you’re vegan, make sure your pita bread does not contain animal byproducts. Some pitas contain eggs!
- We used our favorite spices when making our chips, but there are a ton of different ways to flavor them! Try these with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sumac, or even cinnamon and sugar.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Healthy Snacks
Homemade Pita Chips
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a large baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the oil, paprika, sea salt, and cumin together in a small bowl.
- Cut each pita into 8 triangles and brush with oil mixture on both sides. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake pita triangles for 10 minutes, until brown and crispy. Let cool prior to serving.
- Gluten free: Make or use gluten free pitas, flat bread, or naan.
- Vegan: Make sure pitas do not contain animal byproducts.
- Flavor variations: Omit spices and sub with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sumac, or cinnamon and sugar.