Knowing how to reheat fried chicken in the air fryer guarantees leftover fried chicken that’s as good as the first day. Say goodbye to soggy breading and dry, unevenly-heated chicken meat. You’ll never reheat your fried chicken any other way!
🍗 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Knowing how to reheat fried chicken perfectly is maybe the best… ok, one of the best things about having an air fryer. Leftover fried chicken typically gets soggy and reheating it in the oven or microwave can leave you with cool spots. Air fryer to the rescue! In only a few minutes, your leftover fried chicken will be just as crisp and warm as the first day.
- Reheating fried chicken is a delicious and easy meal for busy weeknights! Pair it with some flavorful Texas Roadhouse green beans, broccoli cornbread, or even air fryer sweet potato wedges for a complete meal that the whole family will love.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket! Too many pieces of fried chicken crowded against each other will result in uneven cooking. If you have a lot of leftover chicken, work in batches for best results.
- Every air fryer heats differently! After you’ve flipped the chicken over, be sure to check for doneness every 1 to 2 minutes. This ensures the fried chicken is fully heated through, and not over-cooked.
♨️ More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- How to Reheat Fries in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties (from Frozen!)
- Easy Air Fryer Quesadilla
- 10-Minute Air Fryer Salmon
- Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Crispy Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 4 pieces leftover fried chicken or more, if desired
- Air Fryer
- neutral spray oil must be safe for air fryers
- Preheat air fryer to 370° Fahrenheit.
- Spray a small amount of oil on both sides of 4 pieces leftover fried chicken to prevent chicken from drying out.
- Remove basket from preheated air fryer. Place fried chicken in basket, arranging chicken in one flat layer without touching or overlapping. Work in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding basket.
- Return basket to air fryer. Air fry chicken 2 minutes, then remove basket. Flip chicken over then return basket to air fryer and air fry chicken 2 to 4 minutes or more or until crispy and warmed through. Note: times will vary between air fryers. Check chicken often during last 2 to 3 minutes, to avoid burning.
- When chicken is reheated completely, remove basket from air fryer and transfer chicken to serving plates. Serve as desired.
- Cook times will vary from one air fryer to another. Adjust cook time as needed based on your specific results and preferences. Be careful not to overcook chicken.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.