The best way to reheat fries is in the air fryer! No more soggy, mealy strips of potatoes. In just a few minutes, your leftover french fries are warmed through and crispy, as good as new.
🍟 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- How to reheat fries in the air fryer is such a great go-to recipe to keep on hand! Leftover fries tend to get soggy and even reheating them in the oven doesn’t make them taste the same as they did before. That’s where the air fryer comes to the rescue! In just a few minutes, they’re crispy, golden, and perfectly tender inside. They’ll taste just like they did when you first ordered them!
- Reheating fries in the air fryer is a quick and easy side dish for any meal! Pair them with delicious air fryer chicken patties, crispy baked chicken wings, or even frozen burgers in the air fryer. The pairing possibities are endless with these deliciously crispy fries! Even the pickiest of eaters will be excited for this side dish.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket! Too many fries layered on top of each other will result in uneven cooking. If you have a lot of fries, work in batches to cook them perfectly!
- You can totally add some seasoning to your leftover fries! Add a sprinkle of paprika or cajun seasoning for some spice. Spritz a little bit of cooking spray on top of them for an even crisper flavor!
♨️ More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls (Homemade or Frozen)
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken in the Air Fryer
- leftover fries
- Air Fryer
- Tongs or spatula
- Preheat air fryer to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Once air fryer is preheated, remove basket. Add leftover fries to basket in even layer, then return basket to air fryer.
- Air fry fries for 1 minute, then remove basket. Shake basket to toss fries, then return basket to air fryer. Air fry fries 1 minute more, then remove basket and check doneness. For crispier fries, repeat process, checking fries and shaking basket every 60 seconds until desired doneness is achieved.
- When satisfied with crispiness of fries, transfer fries to serving bowl or plate and serve warm with dipping sauce of choice.
- Cook times will vary from one air fryer to another. Adjust cook time as needed based on your specific results and preferences. Be careful not to overcook fries.
- Nutrition info will depend on the amount and type of fries you’re reheating.
Suggested Cook Times Based on Type of Fries
- Steak Fries: 3 to 5 minutes
- Traditional Fries: 2 to 4 minutes
- Shoestring Fries: 1 to 2 minutes
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.