These Instant Pot burrito bowls with chicken are a true one pot meal! Made entirely in the pressure cooker, they’re filling and flavorful. Loaded with rice, chicken, beans, corn, and a delicious sauce, this quick and easy Mexican-inspired dinner recipe is perfect topped with cheese and avocado.
What Makes These Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken So Good?
- They are a one pot meal.
- Full of healthy and flavorful ingredients.
- Quick to make in an instant pot.
What is a burrito bowl?
A burrito bowl is exactly what it sounds like – a burrito in a bowl! It contains the classic Mexican ingredients and flavors of a burrito but without a wrap. It contains:
Along with all of the spices and peppers you would expect to find in a Mexican bowl.
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken for meal prep
These flavorful bowls are perfect for meal prep throughout the week. This recipe serves six, so any leftovers you have can be saved in the fridge for around 5 days. Serve some up with a salad for a quick and easy lunch option.
What to serve with burrito bowls
Part of the fun with these bowls is adding the toppings! You can’t go wrong with sliced jalapeno, avocado, sour cream and a wedge of lime. Sprinkle over cilantro for freshness.
Top tips for making Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- Use chicken breasts that are raised without antibiotics.
- You can use fresh, canned or frozen corn in this recipe.
- To make the dish spicier, add an extra chipotle pepper.
Be Sure to Check Out These Other Delicious Mexican-Inspired Recipes
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe for Instant Pot Burrito Bowls! Be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce whole
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup long-grain rice rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn or 2 cups corn frozen or fresh, drained
- 1 1/2-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Turn on Saute function on Instant Pot. Add oil, chicken, and onion. Cook until onion is soft and chicken is mostly opaque, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté briefly. Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and taco seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Cancel Saute function.
- Add broth, salsa, rice, black beans, corn, and lime juice to the pot with the chicken. Stir to combine. Close and lock the lid. Select Manual function and set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Carefully use the Quick Release method to release pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Cook over sauté mode until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. It’ll seem way too soupy but trust me!
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with desired toppings.