Carrots made in the Instant Pot are so easy, tender, and delicious! This simple recipe makes the perfect carrots for sides or for use in other recipes. You’ll never make carrots another way!
What You’ll Need For This Recipe
- Baby carrots
- Maple syrup
- Garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
- Chili powder
How To Make It
- Add the carrots and water to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and seal it, then turn the valve to “Sealing.”
- “Pressure Cook” for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the steam.
- Drain the water.
- Hit “Cancel,” then “Sauté” on the Instant Pot.
- Add the butter to the carrots and let melt.
- Add the garlic and seasoning, then add the maple syrup once the garlic has become fragrant.
- Stir well to make sure carrots are fully coated.
- Omit the maple syrup, garlic, Italian seasoning, and chili powder if you are using these carrots in another recipe.
- This recipe makes about 2 servings, but is easy to double or triple if you’d like more.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
- Zucchini Salad
- Instant Pot Chickpeas (No Soak!)
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Sauteed Zucchini
Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the carrots and water to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and seal it, then turn the valve to "Sealing." "Pressure Cook" for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the steam. Drain the water. Hit "Cancel," then "Sauté" on the Instant Pot. Add the butter to the carrots and let melt. Add the garlic and seasoning, then add the maple syrup once the garlic has become fragrant. Stir well to make sure carrots are fully coated.
- For use in other recipes: Omit the maple syrup, garlic, Italian seasoning, and chili powder.