Instant Pot chicken and noodles is the epitome of comfort food! With juicy shredded chicken, tender egg noodles, and a creamy sauce, all cooked quick and easy in the pressure cooker. You’ll want to make this cozy pasta dish over and over!
🍲 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Creamy Instant Pot chicken and noodles is one of the best, most delicious, must comforting dishes ever. It’s sort of like chicken noodle soup, but less brothy and liquid, more creamy and sauced. You’ve got juicy chunks of chicken, tender egg noodles, and a rich, buttery gravy made with heavy cream and cream of chicken soup. It’s savory, cozy, and absolutely perfect for busy evenings.
- I can’t over-state how EASY this recipe is! There’s practically no prep, and even the clean-up is a breeze. It uses less than 10 pantry-staple ingredients, most (if not all) of which you may have on hand right this second. You can easily double the recipe if you’ve got a large enough Instant Pot. Seriously, this chicken and noodle dish is super easy and so forgiving. You can’t mess it up!
- Instant Pot chicken and noodles is really versatile, so you can customize it however you like! We made this with canned cream of chicken soup, but you can totally replace the canned version with a homemade cream of chicken if you want. Canned or homemade cream of mushroom soup would work, too, as would cream of celery or cream of onion. You can also add in your favorite veggies, likes peas or carrots or broccoli, or make it even creamier with shredded fresh parmesan or cheddar cheese.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Before you start the manual cook time, be sure to drag your spoon across the bottom of the Instant Pot insert to loosen any browned bits of chicken that may have stuck during searing. If you don’t, there’s a good chance your Instant Pot will through a burn warning, which can throw off the whole process.
- When was the last time you checked the sealing ring on your Instant Pot’s lid? Hey, no judgment here! If you’re having trouble with the pressure cooker actually pressurizing, or if all of the liquid in your Instant Pot evaporates during cooking, then you’re likely not getting a good seal. Check the sealing ring to make sure it’s in the lid correctly and completely, and replace it if it’s showing signs of use, age, or damage. That’s important for all your Instant Pot cooking, not just for Instant Pot chicken and noodles!
♨️ Instant Pot Recipes to Relieve Meal Planning Pressure
- Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Beer-Infused Instant Pot Brats
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Soup
- Japanese Curry in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts approximately 3-6 chicken breasts depending on size
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cut into smaller pieces
For the Noodles and Sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 10.5-ounce cans cream of chicken soup 21 ounces total
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- ½ cup heavy cream at room temperature
- Cutting board
- Paper towels
- 6-quart Instant Pot or similar pressure cooker
- large plate
- large wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- 2 forks
- Place 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts on cutting board. Pat chicken breast dry on all sides with paper towels, then season all sides generously with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Add ¼ cup unsalted butter and let butter melt, stirring occasionally to distribute butter across entire bottom of Instant Pot insert.
- Once butter is melted, place seasoned chicken breasts directly on bottom of Instant Pot insert. Sear chicken breasts 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, then flip chicken over and sear other side 2 to 3 minutes. Once both sides have been seared, transfer chicken to large plate and set aside.
- Pour 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth into Instant Pot to deglaze insert. Use large wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits of chicken that may have stuck to bottom of pot.
- Add 2 10.5-ounce cans cream of chicken soup, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 2-3 cloves garlic (minced) and stir to incorporate. Return seared chicken breasts to Instant Pot.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot with vent in Sealing position. Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes. Instant Pot will pressurize, then cook time will begin.
- After 12-minute cook time is up, carefully Quick Release pressure and remove lid from Instant Pot. Use caution – any escaping steam will be very hot.
- Transfer chicken breasts to large bowl. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into pieces of desired size. Return shredded chicken to Instant Pot and stir to incorporate.
- Add 12 ounces wide egg noodles and ½ cup heavy cream. Stir to incorporate, then secure lid on Instant Pot again with vent in Sealing position. Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once 2-minute cook time ends, immediately Quick Release pressure and carefully remove lid. Stir mixture well to fully incorporate all ingredients, then let mixture stand 2 to 3 minutes if needed to thicken.
- Portion prepared chicken and noodles into serving bowls. Serve warm with desired sides.
- Heavy Cream: Make sure your heavy cream is at room temperature. If it’s at all cold, it can curdle or separate when it’s added to the hot ingredients and the hot Instant Pot.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.