Chicken paprikash made in the Instant Pot is the perfect weeknight meal when you’re short on time, but craving something delicious! Super flavorful, tender chicken is best served over noodles or dumplings for an irresistible lunch or dinner.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It requires just one piece of equipment – the Instant Pot! With the use of simply one pot, we have a dish that’s super easy to both cook and clean. It’s the perfect recipe to effortlessly whip together when you’re short on time and/or low on energy.
- It yields perfectly cooked chicken every time! The chicken in this Instant Pot chicken paprikash will literally fall off the bone. It’s also packed with flavor and totally delicious.
- It’s naturally low-carb and keto friendly! Serve your chicken over a bed of zucchini noodles or your favorite roasted veggies for an easy low-carb meal.
Chicken – I recommend chicken thighs and drumsticks for this easy Instant Pot recipe. However, any chicken parts will work. I also highly recommend leaving the bones and skin on your chicken, as it’ll yield much more flavor once cooked.
Ghee – I love ghee for its buttery flavor and nutritional benefits. Though if you don’t have ghee, two tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil will work in its place. The key is to get a little bit of fat in the bottom of your instant pot to help crisp up those chicken pieces until they’re golden brown.
- Dry your chicken pieces as well as you can before sautéing them in your Instant Pot. Dry chicken will cook up even crispier and more delicious. Also, when crisping the chicken, we are not aiming to fully cook it in that step, simply get it golden brown before adding in the other ingredients.
- Yes, a full two tablespoons of paprika is needed for this Instant Pot chicken paprikash! Paprika is one of the only seasonings in this recipe, therefore a lot is needed to give this dish its flavor. Don’t be shy with the paprika here, even add a little more if you’d like!
- If your sauce isn’t as thick as you’d like, you can add in a corn starch slurry to help thicken things up. To do this, mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Then, add in the slurry in with the heavy cream at the very end and stir until the sauce has thickened.
More Instant Pot Recipe You Should Try
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Instant Pot Bacon
- Buttery Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tomato finely diced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Instant Pot
- Pat chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and season all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté setting and add in ghee, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Place chicken pieces in Instant Pot and brown on all sides, for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add diced tomato, paprika, and chicken broth then secure lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Once cook time is up, let steal naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining steam.
- Remove lid, set Instant Pot back to saute setting and add in sour cream and heavy cream. Cook and stir until sauce has thickened then serve.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.