Cooking chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) in the Instant Pot is the absolute easiest! You get deliciously flavorful and tender chickpeas every time! Perfect for side dishes, recipes, and making into hummus. Yum!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- This recipe couldn’t be easier! Just toss your chickpeas and two simple ingredients in the Instant Pot, and go do literally anything else for about an hour. That’s it!
- There’s no need to soak your chickpeas overnight with this recipe!
- Cooking your chickpeas in the Instant Pot instead of buying cans is not only easy, it’s also good for your wallet! This recipe makes about 4-6 cans of chickpeas.
How To Cook Chickpeas in the Instant Pot
- In the Instant Pot, add the dry chickpeas and water or chicken stock.
- Select Manual or Pressure Cook. Cook at high pressure for 50 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. When the screen reads L0:10, move the steam release valve to “venting” to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and test the chickpeas’ tenderness.
Top Tips For Making Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Store the chickpeas in 1 1/2 cup portions in the fridge or freezer to replace 1 can of chickpeas.
- This recipe is completely vegan so long as you use water instead of chicken stock.
- Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans, so look for both when shopping!
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Instant Pot Chickpeas (No Soak!)
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- 1 pound dried chickpeas
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In Instant Pot, add the dry chickpeas and water or stock.
- Select Manual or Pressure Cook. Cook at high pressure for 50 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. When the screen reads L0:10, move the steam release valve to "venting" to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and check for tenderness.
- Garbanzo beans: Another name for chickpeas.
- Vegan: Use water instead of chicken stock.