Cooking Italian sausage in the Instant Pot is super quick and easy! This simple method yields perfectly cooked and delicious Italian sausage every time.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s totally foolproof! Even the most inexperienced home cooks can manage this super quick and easy recipe. You’re guaranteed fully cooked Italian sausage in the Instant Pot every time.
- It’s not only easy to make, but easy to clean up as well! The Instant Pot keeps all the mess in one place. Once done, remove the metal bowl, give it a quick clean, and that’s it.
- It includes a secret bonus step, for the best ever Instant Pot Italian sausage out there! By quickly sautéing each sausage, we achieve that crispy golden brown skin you wouldn’t get otherwise. Most other methods skip this step, but trust me, it makes all the difference!
Italian Sausage Links – Any uncooked Italian sausage links will work in this easy recipe! Use any brand or flavor you’d like. If you’re a fan of spice, then you’ll love spicy Italian sausage. Make sure whatever sausage you use is completely uncooked. Some are pre-cooked, and those won’t work here.
Water – The water in this recipe creates steam inside the Instant Pot which then cooks the sausages. Without it, the sausage links would burn and dry out. Therefore, do not neglect this very important (very simple) ingredient! And for more flavor, use chicken broth instead of water.
- For especially large sausages, set the Instant Pot to cook an extra 3-5 minutes! And if you’re worried they’re still not cooked through, secure the lid and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Serve this Instant Pot Italian sausage however you’d like! In pasta, on their own, or over sautéed peppers and onions. This quick recipe is so easy to customize and turn into your favorite meal!
- The goal in the first step is to sauté the sausages until golden brown. Only a few minutes here will do the trick, since we’re not aiming to cook them through just yet!
More Instant Pot Recipes You Must Try
- Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 Italian sausage links
- ½ cup water
- Instant Pot
- Place olive oil in Instant Pot and set to sauté setting. Once oil is hot, add in sausages and sear for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown (not cooked through).
- Add water into Instant Pot with sausages then secure with lid and set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Manually release steam, carefully remove lid, serve Italian sausages warm.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.