Making quinoa in the Instant Pot is so quick and easy, and it makes the most tender, fluffy quinoa! Made in 20 minutes with barely any prep involved and only a couple simple ingredients, making quinoa in the Instant Pot is a game changer for meal prep or weeknight dinners.
Why this Instant Pot Quinoa recipe is so good!
This Instant Pot quinoa is good because of the well rounded and delicious flavors this recipe emits. With it being made in the Instant Pot, this quinoa is finished in 10 minutes, and it only requires 3 additional ingredients! This quinoa is perfect especially if you are needing an extra side dish!
How to make Instant Pot Quinoa – step by step
Start off by rinsing the quinoa very well with water. Once the quinoa has been rinsed, transfer quinoa to the Instant Pot bowl and spray with avocado oil or any other neutral oil you may have. Add salt and pepper, then combine all ingredients with a spoon or rubber spatula until quinoa is evenly coated.
Make sure your Instant Pot is plugged in, and place the locking lid over the bowl and quinoa while making extra sure the lid hits its position as you twist to the right. Turn on manual pressure to “high” and cook for 2 minutes. After two minutes, wait 10 minutes before quickly releasing pressure. Done!
Serve as a side dish or by itself. You could also save the quinoa to eat on during the week for your meal prep or plan!
Is quinoa healthy?
Yes! Quinoa is one of most nutritious foods on the planet as it is loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and minerals.
What can I eat with this Instant Pot quinoa?
You can eat quinoa by itself as a side (it is super yummy thanks to the salt and pepper!) or you can mix in some sauteed vegetables. Another idea for quinoa is to eat it in breakfast bowl form with soft boiled or scrambled eggs paired with some black beans and salsa. Delicious!
- Be sure to rinse your quinoa.
- Make sure you allow the steam to release the pressure manually before doing a quick release (10 minutes after 2 minutes is up).
- Make sure your Instant Pot lid is truly locked (it will lock into position with the latch).
- Make sure the steam valve is turned all the way to the right before you do a quick release, then turn the valve to the left. Lots of pressure should be released when you do this.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Paleo, Whole30)
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls With Chicken
- Buy The Paleo Instant Pot Cookbook (Whole30 Compliant!)
What do we mean by “healthy”?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options, like a commercial, deep-friend tostada, for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
I would love to hear if you have tried this Instant Pot Quinoa recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- spray cooking oil like avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa very well with water. Spray evenly with avocado oil.
- Transfer quinoa to pressure cooker and add salt and pepper. Combine evenly with spoon or rubber spatula.
- Turn on Instant Pot to manual high pressure. Cook for 2 minutes. Let Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before doing a quick release. Serve.
- Make sure the Instant Pot lid is in the locked position so it can cook the quinoa.
- Let the quinoa manually release pressure for 10 minutes (valve turned as far as it will go to the right-almost to 11 o’clock).
- To do quick release pressure, turn the steam valve down to the left. You will hear the pressure release.