Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
These Instant Pot sausage and peppers are the perfect family-friendly dinner. Made easily in the pressure cooker with perfectly seasoned Italian sausage and veggies in a flavorful tomato sauce, this recipe is absolutely delicious over mashed potatoes, in sandwiches, or even by itself.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This Instant Pot sausage and peppers recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Made with sautéed peppers and onions, flavorful sausage, all mixed into a rich, tomato-y sauce, this meal is sure to please adults and kids alike.
- This recipe is so easy, thanks to the Instant Pot or pressure cooker! Ready in under 30 minutes, it’s great for an easy and fast weeknight dinner.
How To Make It
On Sauté mode, heat up the olive oil. Cook the sausages on both sides until browned.
Add the onions and cook until they are slightly soft, then add the garlic. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
Add the peppers and place the sausages on top. Pour in the tomatoes and spices and secure the lid.
Cook at manual high pressure, then quick release. Cut the peppers into pieces and serve over mashed potatoes or in Italian sandwich rolls.
- For lower carbs, eat the sausage and peppers alone, on low carb bread, or over mashed cauliflower.
- You can use your favorite color of bell peppers with this recipe or a combination of several different kinds. Green in the least ripe bell pepper and has more of a green, sharp taste, while red is the ripest and sweetest. Yellow and orange are right in the middle and a great combination of both.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- 45 Incredible Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- 50 Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- 6 (4-ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup marsala wine or red wine, optional
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add olive oil. Once heated, add sausages. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in wine and bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute or until reduced by half. Add sliced peppers and stir, then place sausage over onion-pepper mixture. Pour in crushed tomatoes, basil, salt, and oregano.
- Secure lid with valve in sealed position and cook at manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Carefully quick release, stir, and remove to plate and cut into 6-7 pieces per link. Serve over mashed potatoes or on Italian sandwich rolls.
- Lower carbs: Serve sausage and peppers plain, on low carb bread, or over mashed cauliflower.
- Bell peppers: You can use your favorite color of bell peppers with this recipe or a combination of several different kinds.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment