These Instant Pot sausage and peppers are the perfect family-friendly dinner. Made easily in the pressure cooker with perfectly seasoned Italian sausage and veggies in a flavorful tomato sauce, this recipe is absolutely delicious over mashed potatoes, in sandwiches, or even by itself.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This Instant Pot sausage and peppers recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Made with sautéed peppers and onions, flavorful sausage, all mixed into a rich, tomato-y sauce, this meal is sure to please adults and kids alike.
- This recipe is so easy, thanks to the Instant Pot or pressure cooker! Ready in under 30 minutes, it’s great for an easy and fast weeknight dinner.
How To Make Sausage and Peppers in the Instant Pot
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
On Sauté mode, heat up the olive oil. Cook the sausages on both sides until browned.
Add the onions and cook until they are slightly soft, then add the garlic. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
Add the peppers and place the sausages on top. Pour in the tomatoes and spices and secure the lid.
Cook at manual high pressure, then quick release. Cut the peppers into pieces and serve over mashed potatoes or in Italian sandwich rolls.
Top Tips For Making
- For lower carbs, eat the sausage and peppers alone, on low carb bread, or over mashed cauliflower.
- You can use your favorite color of bell peppers with this recipe or a combination of several different kinds. Green in the least ripe bell pepper and has more of a green, sharp taste, while red is the ripest and sweetest. Yellow and orange are right in the middle and a great combination of both.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- 45 Incredible Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- 50 Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- 6 (4-ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup marsala wine or red wine, optional
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add olive oil. Once heated, add sausages. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in wine and bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute or until reduced by half. Add sliced peppers and stir, then place sausage over onion-pepper mixture. Pour in crushed tomatoes, basil, salt, and oregano.
- Secure lid with valve in sealed position and cook at manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Carefully quick release, stir, and remove to plate and cut into 6-7 pieces per link. Serve over mashed potatoes or on Italian sandwich rolls.
- Lower carbs: Serve sausage and peppers plain, on low carb bread, or over mashed cauliflower.
- Bell peppers: You can use your favorite color of bell peppers with this recipe or a combination of several different kinds.