Looking to make the fluffiest, most delicious eggs ever? Then these Instant Pot scrambled eggs are for you! So easy and so convenient, this method of cooking eggs is a total game changer.
What Make This Recipe So Good
- The Instant Pot gives you scrambled eggs that are as soft and fluffy as can be! Even though you’re not sealing the lid on the pot with this method, you’ll still get a little steam effect from the tall sides. The steam keeps the eggs moist and so delicious – so much fluffier than a skillet!
- You’re probably looking at this wondering why you’d make eggs in the Instant Pot instead of just the stovetop or even the microwave. Well, besides the perfect texture, the Instant Pot is SO easy and convenient. Maybe your kitchen’s out-of-order for some reason, or your stove’s on the fritz. Maybe you’ve got a small kitchen or you’re travelling in an RV. Whatever your reason, you’ll be thrilled to have this option.
- These recipe is low carb and keto-friendly. You can also modify it easily to be Whole30/paleo or dairy-free. You’ll just need to use non-dairy milk and ghee or avocado oil instead of the butter.
- Stir the eggs often and gently with a silicone or rubber spatula. That will help the curds form, which is how you get that perfect texture and fluffiness.
- The actual cook time here is a little loose. It just depends on your preferred scrambled egg consistency! In general, you want to cook the eggs until you don’t see any liquid. The eggs should still be a little wet-looking, but they shouldn’t be sitting in liquid. Typically that only takes 1 to 2 minutes. If you like firmer eggs, keep cooking for another 30-60 seconds.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Bacon
- How to make oatmeal in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Hard-Broiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage
- Extra Cheesy Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk see Notes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped chives optional, for serving
- chopped parsley optional, for serving
- Instant Pot
- Medium bowl
- silicone or rubber spatula
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Add butter to Instant Pot and let melt. Once melted, pour in egg mixture.
- Gently stir and fold egg mixture frequently until eggs are thoroughly cooked, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Eggs should be wet-looking but no longer runny or sitting in liquid. For firmer eggs, continue cooking another 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer eggs from Instant Pot to serving dishe(es). Garnish with chopped chives and/or parsley, if desired, and serve immediately with desired sides.
- Milk: You can replace the milk with unsweetened almond milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream.
- Make it Whole30/Paleo: Use non-dairy milk and replace the butter with ghee or avocado oil.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use non-dairy milk and replace butter with vegan butter or avocado oil.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.