These Italian green beans are perfectly crisp and tender! They’re sautéed in flavorful Italian breadcrumbs and plenty of grated parmesan cheese. Throw this easy side dish together in under 10 minutes!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Even picky eaters love them! An equal combo of parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs is the trick to getting everyone to eat their veggies.
- They’re super easy to make! Simply toast the cheese, breadcrumbs, and garlic in a sauté pan for a few minutes then toss in the green beans. Once the beans have latched on to all of that delicious flavor, you’re done!
- They come together in just one skillet! That’s right, not only are these Italian green beans easy to make, but cleanup is also a breeze.
Italian Breadcrumbs – Italian breadcrumbs are the trick to making this recipe extra easy. This specific type of breadcrumb comes pre-seasoned with all of the delicious herbs and spices we’re looking for. I love Italian breadcrumbs for how intensely flavorful they are. However, if you can’t find Italian breadcrumbs, you can used half a cup of panko breadcrumbs in addition to two teaspoons of Italian seasoning instead.
Green Beans – Either fresh or frozen green beans will work in this recipe. I used fresh and they were delightfully crisp and just incredible! Though if fresh aren’t available to you, a bag of frozen green beans work just as great. Whichever type you use, be sure to cook them according to the package instructions before sautéing them in this recipe.
- Feel free to switch up this recipe based on your dietary needs! For a low-carb and gluten-free option you can easily omit the breadcrumbs. Or, for a vegan option, simply leave out the parmesan cheese!
- I highly recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese in this recipe. Pre-packaged grated cheese tends to contain a number of unnecessary fillers. So for the healthiest option, buy a block of cheese and grate it yourself!
- Serve these Italian green beans alongside any meal you’d like! They make the perfect addition to your holiday and/or dinner table.
Other Quick and Easy Side Dishes You’ll Love
- 20 Gluten Free Side Dishes
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Cornbread
- Green Beans with Bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 12-ounce bag green beans cooked according to package instructions
- Large skillet
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add in the Italian breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green beans into skillet, toss to coat them in breadcrumb mixture for about 2 minutes.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.