This creamy and crunchy broccoli salad is the perfect side dish whether you’re on keto or not! Salty bacon, cheddar cheese, red onion, and flavorful seasonings make perfect accompaniments for fresh, crispy broccoli.
Why This Salad is So Good
- This keto-friendly salad is filled with fresh broccoli, crispy bacon, crunchy pecans, cheese, red onions, and a rich homemade dressing. Perfect for potlucks, barbecues, parties, or a family dinner.
- This family favorite recipe is so incredibly easy — just cook your bacon, mix your ingredients, and chill.
- This broccoli salad is keto and gluten-free, as well as having simple subs to make it vegan or vegetarian.
How To Make This Recipe
- Add the broccoli, bacon, pecans, cheddar, and onion to a large bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the contents of the latter bowl to the broccoli mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Top Tips for Making Keto Broccoli Salad
- Swerve is a sugar replacement that is compliant with keto. If you are not on keto or do not have Swerve, you can replace it with a different sweetener.
- If on a vegetarian diet, switch out the bacon pieces for imitation bacon bits made with soy, such as McCormick Bac’n Pieces. For vegans, you can easily do the same, as well as swapping the mayo and cheese for vegan versions.
- Be sure to let your salad chill in the fridge for an hour or two before serving. This salad is best cool when the flavors really have a chance to soak in.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Keto Recipes
- Avocado Chips
- Bacon Chips
- Low Carb Chili
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Easy Salmon Patties & Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Swerve
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add broccoli, bacon, pecans, cheddar, and onion to large bowl and stir.
- In separate bowl, mix together rest of the ingredients.
- Add contents of bowls together and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.