This creamy, spicy keto buffalo chicken dip is packed with buffalo flavor and totally addictive. Made with simple ingredients, it’s perfect for tailgating, game day, or entertaining. And it’s only 2g net carbs per serving!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Shredded chicken – See the top tips for some ideas
Blue cheese dressing
Buffalo sauce – We used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese if on keto
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Sour cream or Greek yogurt
How To Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Add the cream cheese and hot sauce to a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
Add the dressing, sour cream or yogurt, and shredded chicken to the saucepan. Stir well to combine.
Slowly mix in some of the mozzarella cheese.
Transfer the dip to a baking dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake in the oven. Serve while it’s still hot!
Top Tips For Making
- We loved this dip with celery sticks, bell peppers, and carrots, but you can also eat it with chips or crostinis.
- This dip has a little bit of a kick, but it isn’t too spicy. If you’d like to kick up the heat factor a bit, you can add sliced jalapeños to the top after baking or sprinkle a little hot sauce on top.
- You can purchase pre-shredded chicken or a rotisserie chicken and shred it using the methods in The Best Shredded Chicken. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, check out this recipe for Instant Pot shredded chicken.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Party Food
- Cucumber Salsa
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- Beer Cheese Dip
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream cheese and hot sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Add blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and shredded chicken to the saucepan and stir to combine. Slowly mix in 3/4 of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer dip to an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with rest of mozzarella. Cook 15 minutes. Serve while still hot.
- Serving suggestions: Celery sticks, bell peppers, carrots, chips, or crostinis.
- Add more heat: After baking, add sliced jalapeños or sprinkle more hot sauce on top.
- Shredded chicken: You can purchase pre-shredded chicken or a rotisserie chicken and shred it using either two forks or a mixer on low speed. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, check out this recipe for Instant Pot shredded chicken.