This ridiculously easy keto cranberry sauce is the perfect holiday side. Made with fresh tart and sweet cranberries and no added sugar, it’s perfect if you’re trying to stay in ketosis this holiday season.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- One cup of cranberries has about 7 grams of net carbs, so you can easily add this dish into your keto Thanksgiving plan!
- This keto cranberry sauce only takes about 10 minutes to cook, so it’s a great easy side that doesn’t take a lot of work or ingredients.
Fresh cranberries – Use fresh cranberries for a lightly tart, sweet burst of flavor
Orange zest – A little zest from an orange is optional, but it gives your cranberry sauce a bit of citrus of flavor and scent
Swerve – A great sugar substitute that fits in great with the keto diet, or if you’re watching your blood sugar. It also doesn’t have the artificial, chemical taste some other sugar subs have.
How To Make Keto Cranberry Sauce
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Whisk the Swerve into a saucepan of water on the stove. Add the cranberries and let them cook until they start to pop and form a sauce.
Place the sauce in a bowl and pop in the fridge for a couple hours prior to serving.
Top Tips For Making
- You can also use powdered or granulated erythritol instead of Swerve. If you’re not on a keto diet, you can use regular granulated sugar or maple syrup.
- If you’d like to make this recipe ahead of time or you have leftovers, you can keep it in the freezer in an airtight container up to 3 months.
More Keto Holiday Recipes
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Swerve granulated
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries whole
- 1 teaspoon orange zest optional
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, whisk swerve into water. Stir in the orange zest and cranberries and cook until they start to pop, about 10-12 minutes. You can smash the cranberries a bit if you like.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl, then chill for at least 2 hours.
- Swerve substitutes: Can also use powdered or granulated erythritol to taste. If not on a keto diet, you can use regular granulated sugar or maple syrup to taste.
- Freezing: Keep in freezer in an airtight container up to 3 months.