These easy keto green beans are the perfect low carb dinner veggie! Simple, yet perfectly seasoned. They’re cheesy, crisp, and full of great flavor!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This recipe takes just 20 minutes to make! It’s perfect when you need a quick and healthy side dish.
- They’re made with just a few simple ingredients. These keto green beans are lightly seasoned then topped with shredded cheese – YUM!
- Each serving of these green beans has just 4g of net carbs! Making it super easy to fit into your low carb or keto diet.
Fresh Green Beans – This crisp veggie is available all year round at most grocery stores. They’re low in calories and loaded with vitamins and good-for-you dietary fiber. Green beans make a great addition to any keto or low-carb diet! To prepare your green beans for this recipe, start by giving them a good rinse under cold water, then snap off and remove the stems.
Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese adds a delicate, yet sharp flavor to this side dish! I highly recommend purchasing a block of parmesan cheese and grating it yourself for this recipe. Most pre-grated cheeses have unnecessary fillers in them that pack in extra carbs. To keep this recipe keto and low-carb, grate or shred all the cheeses yourself.
- You can fancy up this dish by adding a squeeze of lemon juice or some lemon zest, a little butter (great if you need some more of your daily fat while on keto), bacon, or slivered almonds. You can even add a sprinkling of extra parmesan cheese once baked, if you’d like!
- Keep a close eye on your cheese as the keto green beans bake. Depending on the position of your oven rack, the cheese can take less or more time to turn golden brown. If the cheese isn’t browning as much as you’d like, you can set the oven to broil for one minute!
- While these keto green beans are best enjoyed while the cheese is still hot, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Reheat in either the microwave or in a 400° Fahrenheit oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly!
More Veggie Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Boiled Cabbage
- Air Fryer Okra
- Cauliflower Chips
- Keto Rutabaga Fries
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 16 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the green beans, oil, garlic, salt and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Transfer green beans to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and toss green beans before evenly sprinkling with parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Variations: Try adding a squeeze of lemon juice or some lemon zest, a little butter (great if you need some more of your daily fat while on keto), bacon, or slivered almonds.
- Avoid pre-grated/shredded cheese for this recipe which may have added fillers and carbs!
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.