With buttery homemade keto bread and gooey melted cheese, this delicious keto grilled cheese is a perfect low carb version of a classic childhood comfort food.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s quick and easy! Go from ingredients to a fully-formed, ready-to-eat, keto-friendly grilled cheese in less than 10 minutes, using less than 10 ingredients.
- The single-serving recipe makes it very easy to measure and track your nutritional information, since there’s no guessing on portion sizes.
- Homemade low-carb bread gives this grilled cheese all of the fluffy goodness of a traditional sandwich with a fraction of the carbs found in traditional bread.
Keto Grilled Cheese Ingredients
Coconut Flour – This naturally grain-free and gluten-free flour comes from the meat of a coconut. It has a subtle coconut taste and smell, but it’s barely noticeable when mixed with other ingredients.
How to Make Keto Grilled Cheese
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
This super easy grilled cheese recipe uses the same bread as our Keto French Toast recipe!
Start by whisking together all the ingredients for the bread, then microwave the bread mixture for 90 seconds and cut it into two slices. Melt butter in a pan and cook the assembled grilled cheese in the butter until the bread is browned and the cheese is melty. Easy peasy! Enjoy your grilled cheese hot on its own or with a side of tomato soup.
- Use a 4×6 or 5×7 baking dish for your bread, as a larger dish will make the bread too thin.
- Our recipe calls for American cheese or cheddar cheese, but you can absolutely use any kind of cheese you like!
- Add a little turkey meat to your sandwich before cooking for a delicious, keto-friendly turkey melt.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Amazing Keto Recipes
- Keto Lasagna
- Keto Ramen
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- Keto Meat Pie
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Keto Chocolate Pudding
Keto Grilled CheeseSave Saved! Pin Recipe
For the Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices cheese American or cheddar
- Add ingredients for bread to bowl and whisk together. Place into a greased dish. Microwave for 90 seconds. Let cool, then cut in half to make slices.
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Assemble cheese between slices of bread and place in pan. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is slightly browned on each side, flipping when necessary.