This decadent mug cake is the perfect way to get your fix of chocolate when you’re on keto. Warm, indulgent chocolate brownie goodness is just a few steps and a few minutes away! Gluten free, too!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Unsweetened cocoa powder
How To Make Keto Mug Brownie
Melt the butter in a medium bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla and whisk everything to combine.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk well until everything is mostly smooth.
Pour the batter into a medium-sized mug.
Microwave for 65 seconds.
Top Tips For Making
- Serve with a dollop or two of our keto whipped cream.
- If you’re on a gluten free diet, make sure to use gluten free baking powder. Bob’s Red Mill and Clabber Girl are two good ones.
- Try adding a handful of unsweetened chocolate chips for a delicious ooey, gooey chocolatey center.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Keto Recipes
Keto Mug Brownie
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or other keto sweetener
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt pinch, optional
- Melt butter in a medium bowl. Add egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, swerve, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt (if desired). Whisk well to combine.
- Pour batter into medium-sized mug and microwave 65 seconds.
- Serving: Serve with keto whipped cream or powdered sugar substitute.
- Gluten free: Make sure baking powder is gluten free.